Media Player News
VisualOn supports AWS for Media & Entertainment Initiative
May 26, 2021 – VisualOn has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. Customers that use the VisualOn HTML5+ SaaS can maximize ad revenue and business return via an integration with AWS Elemental MediaTailor.
News categories: VisualOn, AWS, Yang Cai, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
JW Player acquires VUALTO
May 6, 2021 – JW Player has announced that it is acquiring VUALTO to complement its scalable video delivery offering with live streaming and DRM services for broadcasters. VUALTO will also expand JW Player’s customer base.
News categories: JW Player, VUALTO, Dave Otten, Camilla Young, DRM, MandA, Media Player, Worldwide
JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
Apr 20, 2021 – JW Player has announced that its HTML5 video player is the first to support the Open Measurement Interface Definition (OMID). JW Player has updated its player to include the Open Measurement for Web Video SDK.
News categories: JW Player, Michael Schwalb, Stefan Bergmeier, Nabil Moghib, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, HTML5, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
Apr 20, 2021 – Bitmovin has raised $25 million in Series C financing. The company will use the investment to drive the continued expansion of its product innovation and technology leadership in the streaming space.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Fergal Mullen, Stefan Kuentz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
Apr 14, 2021 – Mola TV is using Viaccess-Orca's Secure Video Player to deliver English Premier League (EPL) matches in Indonesia. The player supports client-side ad insertion, maximizing monetization opportunities for Mola TV.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Mola TV, Dokyung Lee, Ching Ping Lee, Advertising, Digital TV, Indonesia, Media Player, Streaming
VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
Mar 4, 2021 – VisualOn has announced the launch of VisualOn WatchParty, a co-watching solution that combines video viewing and socializing in an advanced, easy-to-deploy package.
News categories: VisualOn, Yang Cai, Media Player, Social TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
Mar 3, 2021 – ATEME has announced that it has partnered with NPAW (Nice People At Work) to offer customers of both companies a free trial version of solutions designed to enhance QoE for viewers of video content.
News categories: ATEME, NPAW, Rémi Beaudouin, Ruben Senor-Megias, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix now streaming xHE-AAC audio on Android mobile
Jan 12, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS has announced that Netflix is now using the xHE-AAC audio codec. Netflix has licensed Fraunhofer’s xHE-AAC software and is using it to encode its entire catalog.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Netflix, Bernhard Grill, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
InterDigital announces completion of VVC and V-PCC MPEG standards
Dec 17, 2020 – InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) has announced the finalization of the VVC and V-PCC video standards. VVC improves HEVC performance by 50%, while V-PCC is the first MPEG compression standard for dynamic point cloud content for immersive video experiences.
News categories: InterDigital, Lionel Oisel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, VR, Worldwide
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor