Software (Media Players, Middleware, Browsers, Stacks, …) News
Sharp to offer six TV models equipped with Roku OS in the U.S.
Jan 5, 2023 – Sharp will release three models of its flagship AQUOS XLED 4K TV in U.S. in spring of 2023. At the same time, it will introduce to the U.S. market six other TV models all equipped with the Roku smart TV OS.
News categories: Sharp Corp, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Vestel to produce VIDAA-based Smart TVs for Europe
Jan 9, 2023 – VIDAA has signed a partnership with Vestel to provide its turnkey operating system. The deal will expand the presence of the VIDAA platform in Europe, powering Toshiba branded TVs starting in 2023.
News categories: VIDAA, Vestel, Guy Edri, Turan Erdogan, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, TV OS
Cinemo shows digital media experiences in the vehicle and cloud
Jan 5, 2023 – Cinemo creates digital media experiences in the vehicle and cloud, placing media control firmly with the user. A new partnership with Telechips enables in-car VoD and multi-screen-usage for entry- to mid-level cars.
News categories: Cinemo, Telechips, Richard Lesser, Jangkyu Lee, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Semiconductor, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
UEI expands software and services for whole home control
Jan 6, 2023 – To deal with the challenge of onboarding, troubleshooting, and supporting connected devices across different ecosystems, UEI [NASDAQ: UEIC] has expanded its offering beyond just control introducing several services to help consumers.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
LG TVs gain expanded selection of gamer-centric services
Jan 7, 2023 – LG is demonstrating its commitment to gaming on TV with a webOS UI update that features a dedicated gaming hub, the addition of Amazon Luna cloud gaming, and streaming gameplay at 4K 60fps via NVIDIA GeForce NOW.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX
VIDAA brings Smart TV OS to the U.S. market with Hisense
Jan 6, 2023 – VIDAA has launched its OS in the U.S. market on Hisense Smart TVs following a large-scale deployment in Latin America, completing the global distribution of VIDAA in all major markets.
News categories: VIDAA, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Tolka joins Pearl TV ATSC 3.0 FastTrack Program
Jan 5, 2023 – Tolka has joined the Pearl TV FastTrack Program. The FastTrack Program is designed to accelerate and streamline consumer electronics makers’ adoption of NextGen TV technology for smart TV and related high-volume devices.
News categories: Tolka, Pearl TV, Alex Day, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Element to launch 4K Ultra HD TVs with Xumo in 2023
Jan 5, 2023 – Xumo and Element Electronics plan to launch 4K Ultra HD smart TVs in the U.S. in 2023. Xumo, a JV between Comcast and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR), was formed to develop a next-generation streaming platform for 4K streamers and smart TVs.
News categories: Xumo, Element Electronics, Marcien Jenckes, Vlad Kazhdan, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Samba TV and TCL to jointly develop AI solutions for Smart TVs
Jan 5, 2023 – Samba TV has entered into an R&D venture with TCL for the development and deployment of AI and content analytics on TCL TVs, making features of Samba AI, a suite of AI and ML technologies available worldwide.
News categories: Samba TV, TCL, Ashwin Navin, Shaoyong Zhang, Big Data, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution