Software (Media Players, Middleware, Browsers, Stacks, …) News
Net Solution acquires Beenius IPTV/OTT platform
May 19, 2023 – Beenius has sold its assets to Net Solution, paving the way for Net Solution to expand its capabilities in the IPTV, OTT and DVB Hybrid services sector with robust TV content solutions.
News categories: Beenius, Filip Remškar, Jasmin Zulčić, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VR/AR shipments expected to drop to 7.45 million in 2023
May 22, 2023 – TrendForce forecasts a global downturn in AR and VR device shipments for 2023, predicting a shipment total of roughly 7.45 million units - an 18.2% YoY decrease.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
XroadMedia to power personalization at Dutch regional broadcasters
May 22, 2023 – Regiogroei, a partnership of 10 Dutch regional media broadcasters, has announced a project with XroadMedia to replace their existing recommendation solution with a more advanced alternative.
News categories: XroadMedia, Regiogroei, Adolf Proidl, Christjan Knijff, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, UX
Tata Elxsi powers entertainment experience for OSNtv subscribers
May 18, 2023 – Tata Elxsi and OSN have collaborated to develop OSNtv Box, an Android device delivering Pay TV and OTT services in one place. The box is powered by Tata Elxsi's AndroidTV solution suite.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, OSN, Tarun Joshi, Devrim Malak, Digital TV, Middle-East, Middleware, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Skytel extends partnership with Mirada and EZDRM for its GO+ service
May 17, 2023 – After the successful implementation by Mirada and EZDRM of its OTT GO+ app in Mongolia, Skytel is working with the two companies to extend the GO+ service to more connected devices.
News categories: EZDRM, Mirada, Skytel, Olga Kornienko, José-Luis Vázquez, Apps, Digital TV, Mongolia, Streaming
AR/VR panel shipments to reach 119 million units by 2028
May 15, 2023 – According to DSCC, display panel shipments for VR will increase by 17.6% this year, lower than previously forecast. Shipments are now expected to grow from 13.6M units in 2022 to 16M units in 2023.
News categories: DSCC, Guillaume Chansin, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
OTTplay Premium brings 19 OTTs to Jio set-top box users
May 8, 2023 – OTTplay Premium has announced a partnership with Jio Fiber that will enable Jio set-top box users to access 19 OTTs, including Sony Liv, Zee5, Lionsgate and FanCode, through the OTTplay app.
News categories: OTTplay, Jio, Avinash Mudaliar, Apps, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, Streaming
Paramount+ now available on Virgin TV in the UK
May 12, 2023 – Virgin Media customers with Virgin TV 360 or Stream can now access Paramount+ directly via their set-top box for £6.99 per month or £69.90 per year.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
NPAW introduces anti-account sharing and playback-resuming solutions
May 10, 2023 – NPAW has introduced anti-account sharing for OTT services to its suite of analytics apps. A bookmarking solution supporting playback-resumption across devices has also been added.
News categories: NPAW, Ruben Senor-Megias, Big Data, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.