Digital TV News: 'du'
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
du launches its TV service on Apple TV
Nov 17, 2016 – du has announced the launch of its TV service on Apple TV through their TV app, du View. du Home customers can get Apple TV and enjoy over 200 live TV channels in addition to hours of TV shows, kids content and movies from du.
News categories: 'du', Apple, Fahad Al Hassawi, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UAE
Nokia and du demonstrate 4K 3D 360 VR using 5G-ready network
Oct 16, 2016 – Nokia and UAE-based telecommunications service provider du, used Nokia AirScale Radio Access to showcase 360 degree virtual reality (VR) video streaming for the first time in the Middle East at GITEX 2016 in Dubai.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Bernard Najm, Saleem AlBlooshi, 5G, UAE, VR
du to provide Akamai CDN services to Saudi Arabia's Selevision
Jan 21, 2015 – du and Akamai have announced that Selevision has selected the companies’ content delivery services to support over-the-top delivery of its channels throughout the MENA region. du will provide CDN services from Akamai to Selevision.
News categories: Akamai, 'du', Selevision, Soeren Lindkvist, Fahad Al Hassawi, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Content Distribution, OTT, Saudi Arabia
du to deploy Nokia IMS to enhance multimedia services
Jun 18, 2014 – du has signed a contract with Nokia to deploy its IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). With the deployment, du’s customers will soon enjoy enhanced multimedia services such as HD voice, HD video, file sharing and instant messaging.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Saleem Al Balooshi, Tony Awad, Content Distribution, IPTV, UAE
du first to launch 3D TV for all its customers in the MENA region
Jun 1, 2010 – du has become the first company in the MENA region to offer 3D TV for all its customers. All du TV customers can now watch 3D TV on channel 699 under the basic TV package.
News categories: 'du', Digital TV, IPTV, UAE, VR
Emirates Mobile TV consortium granted DVB-H licence for the UAE
Oct 24, 2009 – The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority has agreed to grant a license to the Emirates Mobile Television Corporation consortium to provide DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting services for 10 years in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
News categories: Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, UAE
Motorola supplies du with latest IPTV Set-top Boxes
Oct 18, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that its Home & Networks Mobility business has supplied UAE telecommunications provider, du, with state-of-the-art VIP series IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: Motorola, 'du', Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UAE
du TV+ to launch in UAE with Microsoft Mediaroom
Jul 15, 2009 – du plans to launch high-definition IP television services in the UAE next month. The new 'du TV+' service is powered by Microsoft Mediaroom, and features digital recording and VoD, as well as HDTV.
News categories: Microsoft, 'du', Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UAE
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand