Digital TV News: 'du'
du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
May 6, 2021 – ATEME has announced that for its OTT platform, du has chosen to use ATEME’s encoder and file transcoder. For du's DTH service ATEME has delivered a headend based on ATEME’s IRD, encoder and statmux.
News categories: ATEME, 'du', Razik Zaghlouli, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, UAE
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
du launches its TV service on Apple TV
Nov 17, 2016 – du has announced the launch of its TV service on Apple TV through their TV app, du View. du Home customers can get Apple TV and enjoy over 200 live TV channels in addition to hours of TV shows, kids content and movies from du.
News categories: 'du', Apple, Fahad Al Hassawi, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV Everywhere, UAE
Nokia and du demonstrate 4K 3D 360 VR using 5G-ready network
Oct 16, 2016 – Nokia and UAE-based telecommunications service provider du, used Nokia AirScale Radio Access to showcase 360 degree virtual reality (VR) video streaming for the first time in the Middle East at GITEX 2016 in Dubai.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Bernard Najm, Saleem AlBlooshi, 5G, Metaverse, UAE
du to provide Akamai CDN services to Saudi Arabia's Selevision
Jan 21, 2015 – du and Akamai have announced that Selevision has selected the companies’ content delivery services to support over-the-top delivery of its channels throughout the MENA region. du will provide CDN services from Akamai to Selevision.
News categories: Akamai, 'du', Selevision, Soeren Lindkvist, Fahad Al Hassawi, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Content Distribution, Saudi Arabia, Streaming
du to deploy Nokia IMS to enhance multimedia services
Jun 18, 2014 – du has signed a contract with Nokia to deploy its IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). With the deployment, du’s customers will soon enjoy enhanced multimedia services such as HD voice, HD video, file sharing and instant messaging.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Saleem Al Balooshi, Tony Awad, Content Distribution, IPTV, UAE
du first to launch 3D TV for all its customers in the MENA region
Jun 1, 2010 – du has become the first company in the MENA region to offer 3D TV for all its customers. All du TV customers can now watch 3D TV on channel 699 under the basic TV package.
News categories: 'du', Digital TV, IPTV, Metaverse, UAE
Emirates Mobile TV consortium granted DVB-H licence for the UAE
Oct 24, 2009 – The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority has agreed to grant a license to the Emirates Mobile Television Corporation consortium to provide DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting services for 10 years in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
News categories: Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, UAE
Motorola supplies du with latest IPTV Set-top Boxes
Oct 18, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that its Home & Networks Mobility business has supplied UAE telecommunications provider, du, with state-of-the-art VIP series IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: Motorola, 'du', Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UAE
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania