Digital TV News: ALi Corp
ALi to release DVB-S2X SoC at IBC 2019
Sep 12, 2019 – ALi Corporation will launch F6A, a next-generation DVB-S2X SoC targeting India, APAC, Africa and Cenam/Latam at IBC. The F6A SoC is designed to meet global pay TV CA system requirements while offering HEVC, Ethernet and Full HD to enrich the viewing experience.
News categories: ALi Corp, Sophia Liang, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2022, ICs, India, Latin America, Set Top Box
ALi and Vewd bring OTT functionality to entry-level Pay TV STBs
Sep 11, 2019 – Vewd has announced that ALi Corporation will pre-integrate Vewd Atom on its ALi M3528 platform for set-top boxes. This breakthrough cloud-based solution brings full OTT functionality to entry-level set-top boxes previously unable to run modern TV apps.
News categories: Vewd, ALi Corp, Aneesh Rajaram, Sophia Liang, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Dish TV India launches hybrid STB with HANDAN and ALi
Jan 30, 2019 – ALi Corporation, Dish TV India and HANDAN have announced that they have further extended their partnership by launching the latest hybrid solution, 'Dish Box', to enrich TV the experience for subscribers in India.
News categories: ALi Corp, Dish TV India, HANDAN, Daniel Huang, V.K. Gupta, Y. Lee, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ALi to showcase F8 STB SoC family at Convergence India 2019
Jan 25, 2019 – ALi Corporation has initiated further efforts to penetrate the Indian market with its next-generation F8 series set-top box chipset (M3711C). The SoC is due for wide deployment in 2019.
News categories: ALi Corp, Daniel Huang, Digital TV, ICs, India, Set Top Box
1+1 Media selects Verimatrix for DVB-S security in Ukraine
Sep 13, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that 1+1 Media, one of the largest media holdings in Ukraine, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to secure its digital satellite (DVB-S) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, 1+1 Media, Steve Oetegenn, Pakholchuk Yaroslav, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Satellite, Semiconductor, Ukraine
Skardin and ALi grow NAGRA NOCS3-certified STB shipments in South America
Jul 6, 2018 – ALi Corporation and Skardin have announced that they reached record-high shipments of NAGRA NOCS–certified secure STBs to South American operators in 2018. The milestone symbolizes the joint effort and commitment to meeting today's Pay TV security standard as well as the strong dedication in this regional market.
News categories: ALi Corp, Willis Chang, Alessandro Bassi, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ALi and iWedia announce joint hybrid DVB+OTT STB offering
Jun 26, 2018 – ALi Corporation and iWedia have announced that they have joined forces to provide a common offering for hybrid DVB+OTT STBs. The solution integrates iWedia's Teatro-3.0 software for Linux hybrid STBs with ALi's M3527 and M3727 chipsets.
News categories: iWedia, ALi Corp, Sunghoon Kim, Willis Chang, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ALi provides pre-integrated solution for Videocon d2h HD STBs
Mar 7, 2018 – ALi Corporation and Videocon d2h have announced that they have cooperated on the development of a next-generation HD set-top box solution. The SoC provided by ALi is pre-integrated with the software ecosystem of Videocon.
News categories: ALi Corp, Videocon d2h, Willis Chang, Saurabh Dhoot, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Inside Secure provides Secure Provisioning for ALi STB SoCs
Feb 26, 2018 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that they have entered into an agreement with ALi Corporation to use Inside Secure’s Secure Provisioning Solution to build robust security into its products during the chip manufacturing process.
News categories: Inside Secure, ALi Corp, Inside Secure, Daniel Huang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update