Digital TV News: ATSC
New York City broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV
Oct 16, 2023 – Beginning October 16, viewers in the #1 television market in the U.S will be able to receive six local channels broadcasting NEXTGEN TV over-the-air: WCBS, WLIW, WMBQ-CD, WNBC, WNET and WNJU.
News categories: WNET Group, Neal Shapiro, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Heartland Video Systems unveils ATSC 3.0 datacasting solutions
Oct 12, 2023 – Heartland Video Systems (HVS) is collaborating with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to offer innovative options for distributing firmware, software and data via ATSC 3.0 datacasting.
News categories: Heartland Video Systems, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dennis Klas, Paolo Ceccherini, ATSC 3, Broadband, USA
RT-RK collaborating with Google on the Common Broadcast Stack
Sep 12, 2023 – RT-RK is collaborating with Google on the Common Broadcast Stack (CBS) for Android TV OS devices. RT-RK will contribute its expertise to add to the capabilities of CBS and enhance its user experience.
News categories: RT-RK, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Allegro DVT introduces DVB-TTML subtitling test suite
Sep 7, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of the industry's first DVB-TTML Test Suite which enables testing of the mandatory DVB-TTML Subtitling Systems Specification.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, QoE, UX, Worldwide
ZapperBox unveils NEXTGEN TV DVR at CEDIA Expo 2023
Sep 7, 2023 – ZapperBox has announced the debut of its ZapperBox M1 NEXTGEN TV DVR, boasting an abundance of advanced features, including Dolby Atmos support, 4K resolution, and HDR capability, at CEDIA Expo 2023.
News categories: ZapperBox, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Digital TV, DVR, USA
iWedia and Realtek offer joint ATSC 3.0 STB software stack
Sep 6, 2023 – iWedia and Realtek have announced a collaboration to enable the creation of ATSC 3.0-enabled set-top boxes, helping to accelerate the adoption of ATSC 3.0 technology in the market.
News categories: iWedia, Realtek, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Yee-Wei Huang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
PMVG, DigiCAP and WCTE launch ATSC 3.0 transmission testbed
Aug 24, 2023 – A collaboration between PMVG, RAPA and WCTE has resulted in the successful launch of an ATSC 3.0 testbed, broadcasting on W35DZ-D at WCTE's Monterey, Tenn. transmitter site.
News categories: PMVG, DigiCAP, WCTE, RAPA, Marc Hand, Joonyoung Park, Craig Lefevre, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
GVTC Communications moves to IP video delivery with WISI
Aug 31, 2023 – GVTC Communications has chosen WISI forits headend conversion from RF to IPTV, giving GVTC customers new OTT streaming video services, accessible on all multiscreen devices.
News categories: WISI, GVTC Communications, Sharen Sandhu, Dennis Krumblis, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ADTH begins NEXTGEN TV receiver shipments
Aug 23, 2023 – Atlanta DTH has confirmed that shipments of its ADTH NEXTGEN TV Box have begun. The box allows ATSC 3.0 NEXTGEN TV and ATSC 1.0 FTA TV programs to be viewed on any IP-compatible TV display.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Ivy Shou, ATSC 3, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, USA
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024