Digital TV News: Apollo
Planetcast to showcase distribution technologies at NAB Show 2023
Apr 12, 2023 – Planetcast will feature its suite of products, from Cloud Playout to Media Asset Management (MAM) to Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) to Over-the-top (OTT) streaming at NAB 2023.
News categories: Planetcast, Switch Media, Sanjay Duda, Mark Johns, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
Jan 25, 2023 – Millicom International Cellular has confirmed that a potential acquisition of all outstanding shares in Millicom is being discussed with Apollo Global Management and Claure Group.
News categories: Millicom, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA
Limelight to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast
Mar 7, 2022 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast, a provider of edge security, content delivery and video services, in an all-stock transaction.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Edgecast, Bob Lyons, Jim Lanzone, Reed Rayman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
Oct 22, 2021 – Redbox (NASDAQ: RDBX) has completed its business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: SGAM). Redbox's common stock and warrants are expected to begin trading on NASDAQ on Monday, October 25, 2021.
News categories: Redbox, Galen Smith, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
May 3, 2021 – Verizon (NYSE: VZ) and Apollo Global Management (NYSE: APO) have announced that funds managed by affiliates of Apollo have entered into an agreement to acquire Verizon Media for $5 billion.
News categories: Verizon Media, Apollo, Guru Gowrappan, Hans Vestberg, Reed Rayman, David Sambur, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
Feb 24, 2021 – Bharti Airtel has entered the advertising business with the launch of Airtel Ads, allowing brands to curate consent based and privacy safe campaigns to one of the biggest pool of quality customers in India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Gajendra Jangid, Pradyot Ghate, Om Jha, Advertising, India, Mobile, Satellite
WKAR at MSU launches NextGen TV accelerator with Gaian Solutions
Dec 30, 2019 – WKAR Public Media at MSU and Gaian Solutions have launched Apollo PublicTV Platform, a NextGen TV accelerator platform for public broadcasters. As well as services for broadcasters, the platform includes a certification program for technology providers.
News categories: WKAR Public Media, Gaian Solutions, Michigan State University, APTS, Susi Elkins, Chandra Kotaru, Prabu David, Patrick Butler, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
NASA TV UHD satellite channel launches with Harmonic
Nov 10, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that NASA TV UHD, the first consumer Ultra HD (UHD) channel in North America, is now available. Using a delivery system from Harmonic, NASA's ambient video channel provides linear 2160p60 video content.
News categories: Harmonic, Peter Alexander, Digital TV, North America, Satellite
Trident Set-Top Box SoCs Selected for China's First NGB Trial Deployments
Mar 24, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has announced that its set-top box system-on-chips (SoCs) are powering one of the first trial deployments of Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) in China.
News categories: Trident Micro, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media