Digital TV News: Arabsat
HDTV progressing well in the Arab World
Apr 6, 2015 – According to a new report from Arab Advisors Group, by March 2015, the satellites covering the Arab World carried 195 HD channels up from 134 HD channels by February 2014.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Noor Asmar, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
724 FTA satellite channels target the Arab region
Nov 27, 2014 – The number of operational FTA satellite channels in the Arab World reached 724 in September 2014. The majority of the channels are broadcast in Standard Definition (SD), while 10.5% are in High Definition (HD), according to Arab Advisors.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Dalia Haddad, Hind Qweider, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arabsat and Selevision to launch HbbTV
Sep 12, 2014 – Selevision and Arabsat have announced that they have entered into an exclusive partnership to deliver the first Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service in the Middle East &North Africa region.
News categories: Arabsat, Selevision, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Khalid Balkhyour, Digital TV, HbbTV, Jordan, Satellite, Spain, Streaming, UAE
Modest revenue growth for satellite operators in 2013
Aug 13, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the Fixed Satellite Service industry generated $12.2 billion in revenues in 2013, corresponding to 2% growth over revenues in 2012. 60% of revenue-generating FSS operators experienced a revenue growth slowdown in 2013.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
My-HD secures premium channels with Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 15, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that My-HD, a satellite pay TV platform in the Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA), has selected its Media Protection to secure the launch of over 30 premium HD channels via Arabsat to the region.
News categories: Irdeto, My-HD, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Iraqi Media Network launches satellite broadcast service
Jul 15, 2013 – Arabsat has announced the launch of a satellite TV service by the Iraqi Media Network based in Baghdad. The DTH bouquet is broadcast via an Arabsat satellite at 26°E and includes all of the radio and TV programmes currently available in Iraq.
News categories: Arabsat, Iraqi Media Network, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iraq, Satellite
GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 Expand HbbTV Trial
Sep 20, 2012 – GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 have announced that they will expand their exploratory Hybrid Broadband Broadcast Television (HbbTV) service to the Middle East in fall 2012 with the support of Orange and Arabsat.
News categories: GlobeCast, FRANCE 24, Orange, Arabsat, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middle-East, Satellite
Solid growth for satellite operators, Euroconsult maintains positive outlook
Jul 27, 2010 – Euroconsult has announced that, despite a limited market slowdown, the fixed satellite market reached a new high in revenues last year. The fixed satellite sector grew both in terms of transponder demand and revenue (reaching $10.3 billion in 2009).
News categories: Euroconsult, Market Research, Satellite
CANAL+ receives authorisation for Tunisian satellite service
Jun 25, 2010 – CANAL OVERSEAS has announced the signing of a convention with the Tunisian Ministry of Communication, enabling the commercialisation in Tunisia of the CANAL+ PACKAGE, the first range of French channels by satellite in Northern Africa.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Tunisia
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia