Digital TV News: AsiaSat
WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
Jun 18, 2019 – AsiaSat has been selected by WarnerMedia as its partner for the distribution of the regional HD services of CNN International, Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Warner TV, as well as HBO HD in South Asia, via AsiaSat 7 in the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, Turner, WarnerMedia, Ina Lui, James Crossland, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat agrees 4K soccer distribution deal with MEDIAPRO for AsiaSat 9
Oct 2, 2018 – AsiaSat has announced an agreement with MEDIAPRO, a producer and distributor of audiovisual content, to deliver live 4K top tier soccer matches on AsiaSat 9, AsiaSat’s most powerful satellite serving the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, MEDIAPRO, Ina Lui, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat collaborates with KBZ to provide OTT video via satellite in Myanmar
Jun 27, 2018 – AsiaSat (SEHK: 1135) has announced a collaboration with KBZ Gateway to explore business opportunities for providing OTT video via satellite in Myanmar. The initiative will initially support the FTA distribution of national TV channels.
News categories: AsiaSat, KBZ Gateway, Barrie Woolston, Virender Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT, Satellite
AsiaSat 9 fully operational at 122°E
Nov 27, 2017 – AsiaSat 9 is fully operational at 122°E following successful migration of all services from AsiaSat 4, delivering enhanced power, greater bandwidth and improved efficiency to customers for advanced DTH, TV distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services across the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Oceania, Satellite
ILS successfully launches AsiaSat 9
Sep 29, 2017 – ILS has carried the AsiaSat 9 satellite into orbit for AsiaSat. Built by SSL, it is a replacement for AsiaSat 4 at 122°E with multiple C, Ku and Ka-band payloads and will provide DTH, video distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services.
News categories: International Launch Services, AsiaSat, Kirk Pysher, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat 9 set for 28 September launch
Jul 31, 2017 – AsiaSat 9 is set for launch on 28 September. AsiaSat 9 will replace AsiaSat 4 at 122°E longitude. The new satellite will deliver significantly improved performance and higher efficiency for customers’ services.
News categories: AsiaSat, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
Asiasat to provide 4K content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4
Sep 22, 2016 – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat) has announced that 4K-SAT, the Ultra-HD channel operated by AsiaSat, will be broadcasting premium extreme and outdoor content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4.
News categories: AsiaSat, XTreme Video, Sabrina Cubbon, Joe Nilsson, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
Harmonic and AsiaSat launch UHD channel
Jan 20, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and AsiaSat (HKSE: 1135) have announced a partnership to launch a new Ultra HD (UHD) channel '4K-SAT2/HVN', AsiaSat's second free-to-air UHD channel on AsiaSat 4 at 122 degrees East for Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Harmonic, AsiaSat, Peter Alexander, Sabrina Cubbon, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat 6 to provide video services in China
Jan 18, 2016 – The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of The People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT) has recently given permission for AsiaSat 6 to serve Chinese broadcasters for video distribution to cable headends in China.
News categories: AsiaSat, SAPPRFT, William Wade, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic