Digital TV News: AsiaSat
TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
Sep 27, 2022 – Asia Satellite Telecommunications has announced that TV5MONDE has selected AsiaSat 5 to distribute TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to serve audiences in regions of North East Asia and Oceania.
News categories: AsiaSat, TV5MONDE, Ina Lui, Alexandre Muller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Oceania, Satellite
Yes DTH extends service agreement with Spacecom
Jul 12, 2021 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has signed a two-year extension deal with D.B.S. Satellite Services, operator of Yes DTH in Israel, to continue the DTH's operations from AMOS-7 and AMOS-3 at 4°W.
News categories: Spacecom, D.B.S. Satellite Services, Dan Zajicek, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
Jun 18, 2019 – AsiaSat has been selected by WarnerMedia as its partner for the distribution of the regional HD services of CNN International, Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Warner TV, as well as HBO HD in South Asia, via AsiaSat 7 in the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, Turner, WarnerMedia, Ina Lui, James Crossland, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat agrees 4K soccer distribution deal with MEDIAPRO for AsiaSat 9
Oct 2, 2018 – AsiaSat has announced an agreement with MEDIAPRO, a producer and distributor of audiovisual content, to deliver live 4K top tier soccer matches on AsiaSat 9, AsiaSat’s most powerful satellite serving the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, MEDIAPRO, Ina Lui, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat collaborates with KBZ to provide OTT video via satellite in Myanmar
Jun 27, 2018 – AsiaSat (SEHK: 1135) has announced a collaboration with KBZ Gateway to explore business opportunities for providing OTT video via satellite in Myanmar. The initiative will initially support the FTA distribution of national TV channels.
News categories: AsiaSat, KBZ Gateway, Barrie Woolston, Virender Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, Satellite, Streaming
AsiaSat 9 fully operational at 122°E
Nov 27, 2017 – AsiaSat 9 is fully operational at 122°E following successful migration of all services from AsiaSat 4, delivering enhanced power, greater bandwidth and improved efficiency to customers for advanced DTH, TV distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services across the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Oceania, Satellite
ILS successfully launches AsiaSat 9
Sep 29, 2017 – ILS has carried the AsiaSat 9 satellite into orbit for AsiaSat. Built by SSL, it is a replacement for AsiaSat 4 at 122°E with multiple C, Ku and Ka-band payloads and will provide DTH, video distribution, VSAT broadband and mobility services.
News categories: International Launch Services, AsiaSat, Kirk Pysher, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
AsiaSat 9 set for 28 September launch
Jul 31, 2017 – AsiaSat 9 is set for launch on 28 September. AsiaSat 9 will replace AsiaSat 4 at 122°E longitude. The new satellite will deliver significantly improved performance and higher efficiency for customers’ services.
News categories: AsiaSat, Andrew Jordan, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
Asiasat to provide 4K content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4
Sep 22, 2016 – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat) has announced that 4K-SAT, the Ultra-HD channel operated by AsiaSat, will be broadcasting premium extreme and outdoor content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4.
News categories: AsiaSat, XTreme Video, Sabrina Cubbon, Joe Nilsson, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers