Digital TV News: Bedrock
Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
Nov 22, 2021 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it will enhance its U.S. television measurement offering by tracking viewing in a more precise manner, allowing for a future where audience estimates are based on individual ads rather than commercial minutes.
News categories: Nielsen, Extreme Reach, Kim Gilberti, Gaurav Agarwal, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
Oct 21, 2021 – RTL Group and Amobee will establish a jointly owned sales and services company called TechAlliance, which will combine the ad-tech services of Amobee, Smartclip and Yospace in continental Europe.
News categories: RTL Group, Amobee, Yospace, Thomas Rabe, Nick Brien, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
May 17, 2021 – Groupe TF1, Groupe M6, Groupe Bouygues and RTL Group have signed agreements to enter into exclusive negotiations to merge the activities of Groupe TF1 and Groupe M6 and create a major French media group.
News categories: Groupe TF1, Groupe M6, Groupe Bouygues, RTL Group, Gilles Pélisson, Nicolas de Tavernost, Olivier Roussat, Thomas Rabe, Digital TV, France, MandA, Streaming
Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
Oct 22, 2020 – Bedrock, the joint venture formed by Groupe M6 and RTL Group, has announced that its technology is powering Salto, the streaming platform created by Groupe TF1, France Télévisions and Groupe M6.
News categories: Bedrock, Salto, Jonas Engwall, Thomas Follin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
Service stacking shows consumers not yet suffering from service fatigue
Mar 18, 2020 – More than half of all SVOD users who subscribe to three or more services will purchase additional services this year, according to Futuresource Consulting. Service stacking is becoming commonplace across many countries worldwide.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming, USA
RTL to invest in Groupe M6's Bedrock streaming platform
Mar 13, 2020 – Groupe M6 (Paris:MMT) has been developing in-house expertise around its online television services. With the aim of continuing its development, Groupe M6 is opening up Bedrock’s capital, enabling RTL Group to acquire a 50% stake.
News categories: Groupe M6, RTL Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, Streaming
German video entertainment market approaching €10 billion in 2020
Mar 3, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, 2019 was a defining year for the German TV and video market, with mass market resistance to premium digital video finally falling away and paving the way for next month’s launch of Disney+.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Freeview UK mobile app launching in January 2019
Nov 28, 2018 – Freeview UK has announced 22nd January 2019 as the launch date of its new iOS mobile app. The app provides viewers with a one-stop-shop for the country’s most watched TV shows. An Android version will launch in early 2019.
News categories: Freeview UK, Jonathan Thompson, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Smart home device shipments to grow 55% in 2018
Oct 18, 2018 – According to ABI Research, shipments of smart home devices will reach 252 million units by the end of 2018, up more than 55% from 2017. This growth is just the beginning of a smart home market that will see 467 million smart home device shipments in 2023.
News categories: ABI Research, Jonathan Collins, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data