Digital TV News: Bell Aliant
Bell Fibe TV to be available OTT in early 2017
Sep 6, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that by the end of Q1 2017, Fibe TV customers will no longer be required to sign up for Fibe Internet service to access Canada's fastest-growing television service.
News categories: Bell, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
Bell Fibe TV launches 4K Whole Home PVR in Canada
Jan 18, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that Fibe TV customers in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa and Québec City can now purchase Bell's new 4K Whole Home PVR. The Fibe TV 4K Whole Home PVR is the smallest available on the market, has the largest recording capacity and is HDR-ready.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Bell adds Netflix app to Fibe and FibreOP TV receivers
Dec 14, 2015 – Bell has announced that Bell Fibe TV and Bell Aliant FibreOP TV subscribers can now access their Netflix accounts directly from their existing TV receivers. All Fibe TV receivers have been automatically upgraded to enable quick access to the video streaming service.
News categories: Bell, Netflix, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Canada's CraveTV available through four more TV providers
Mar 18, 2015 – Bell Media has announced that four additional television service providers are now carrying its television streaming service, CraveTV: Hay Communications, Mitchell Seaforth Cable TV, Tuckersmith Communications, and Wightman Telecom.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
BCE adds 42,190 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 5, 2015 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported BCE and Bell Q4 and 2014 results. In Q4 2014, BCE (Bell Canada and Bell Aliant) added 42,190 TV subscribers. At the end of 2014, BCE served a total of 2,642,608 TV subscribers.
News categories: BCE, Bell Aliant, Canada, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Bell Media introduces CraveTV in Canada
Dec 3, 2014 – Bell Media has introduced Canada to CraveTV™, the company's subscription on-demand video streaming service launching on Thursday, Dec. 11. Costing $4/Month, CraveTV brings simplicity, ubiquity, accessibility, and premium content to Canadian TV lovers.
News categories: Bell Media, CraveTV, Kevin Crull, Domenic Vivolo, Mike Cosentino, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant sign up to 'Project Latte' streaming
Nov 5, 2014 – Bell Media has announced that it has reached distribution deals with TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant to deliver its video streaming service, code-named 'Project Latte'. 'Project Latte' is to open to every TV provider in Canada.
News categories: Bell Media, TELUS, Bell Canada, Bell Aliant, Kevin Crull, David Fuller, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Bell Wireline adds 122,000 TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 6, 2014 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported Q4 results. Bell Fibe TV added 60,301 net new customers, up 25.0% compared to 48,234 in Q4 2012. Bell Satellite TV losses were 24,112 in the quarter.
News categories: BCE Inc, Canada, IPTV, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023