Digital TV News: BluTV
Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
Dec 5, 2022 – NINETNINE has announced the launch of live linear entertainment TV channel Helwa TV on Arabsat. The channel will be available FTA on BADR-6, which reaches 550 million people in the MENA region.
News categories: Arabsat, NINETNINE, Alhamedi Alanezi, Samir Zehani, Adel Hamla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Veset powers linear channel streaming for BluTV in Turkey
Apr 27, 2021 – BluTV has selected Veset Nimbus to power its original linear action and comedy channels in the cloud. The linear channels are delivered by Veset Nimbus to BluTV's OTT platform, as well as to various smart TV apps.
News categories: Veset, BluTV, Igor Krol, Erkut Göksel Çınar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Turkey
BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
Aug 10, 2020 – 1Sat Telecomunicaçoes has launched BluTV, a DTH platform dedicated to the Brazilian market, on EUTELSAT 65 West A (Paris:ETL). BluTV’s basic offer will include over 100 channels, broadcast in a mix of SD and HD.
News categories: Eutelsat, BluTV, Philippe Oliva, Stephane Frappat, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
VIVA partners with Intigral to introduce Jawwy TV Home STB in Kuwait
Nov 24, 2019 – VIVA has collaborated with Intigral to launch, via its agent NHE Group in Kuwait, a set-top box branded Jawwy TV HOME and available with VIVA's postpaid plans. Intigral is the developer and provider of Jawwy TV, an OTT service in the MENA region.
News categories: VIVA, Intigral, NHE Group, Jawwy TV, Haneen Al-Fulaij, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, IPTV, Kuwait, Set Top Box
Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
May 20, 2019 – Wirecard is supporting BluTV in its global expansion. BluTV is a Turkish digital streaming platform and offers Turkish content on a worldwide scale. As part of the internationalization of the streaming service, Wirecard is providing BluTV with digital payment solutions across Europe.
News categories: Wirecard, BluTV, Boris Bongartz, Alptug Copuroglu, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, Turkey
Dreamer Adds Set Top Box Interactivity to Blu-ray Disc Players
Jan 5, 2010 – Dreamer Corporation plans to demo its internet connectivity solution and BluTV interactive television service at CES. The technology transforms CE devices such as Blu-ray players into HD set-top boxes that are capable of delivering services to the TV.
News categories: Dreamer Corp, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media