Digital TV News: Broadpeak
Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
Feb 2, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Broadpeak have announced that they have joined forces to provide Cellcom with an end-to-end solution offering super-low latency for live sports streaming over OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess-Orca, Cellcom, Jacques Le Mancq, Philippe Léonetti, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Media Player, Set Top Box, Streaming
Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
Nov 21, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that its broadpeak.io SaaS product, supporting automatic content replacement, is being used by several video service providers for video streaming during the 2022 world football competition in Qatar.
News categories: Broadpeak, Gtd, Síminn, Mathias Guille, Cristian Carcamo, David Gunnarsson, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland
ARK Multicasting demonstrates ATSC 3.0-based 'OTA-CDN'
Nov 3, 2022 – ARK Multicasting has successfully completed a proof of concept 'OTA-CDN'. The OTA-CDN architecture is developed so any CDN can delegate delivery requests to ARK's ATSC-3.0 system based on business rules and capacity telemetry.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, SiliconDust, Broadpeak, SVTA, Joshua Weiss, Nick Kelsey, Guillaume Bichot, Jason Thibeault, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV-over-IP, USA
Irdeto to provide CA and multi-DRM to BCN Digital in India
Oct 13, 2022 – Irdeto has announced that BCN Digital will use Irdeto cybersecurity solutions to secure its content. Irdeto will provide the company with Conditional Access for its IPTV services and multi-DRM for its OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, BCN Digital, Shane McCarthy, Srinivas Raju Rudraraju, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, India, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming
Broadpeak announces dynamic ad insertion as-a-service on broadpeak.io
Sep 1, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced a Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) application on its broadpeak.io software as a service (SaaS) platform, simplifying the delivery of targeted advertising in live and VOD streaming content.
News categories: Broadpeak, Mathias Guille, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
Mongolia's Univision selects Broadpeak for video delivery
Aug 23, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that Univision has deployed its origin packager, video delivery mediator, HTTP video cache servers and video delivery analytics for hybrid IPTV and OTT video service delivery in Mongolia.
News categories: Broadpeak, Univision, Jacques Le Mancq, Tulga Otgonbayar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Mongolia
BCN chooses Broadpeak for IPTV and OTT delivery in India
Jun 15, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that Indian MSO Bhimavaram Community Network (BCN) has selected Broadpeak to power its new live video and VOD OTT service. Broadpeak will provide BCN with technology for multicast and unicast streaming, including its nanoCDN multicast ABR solution.
News categories: Broadpeak, Bhimavaram Community Network, Jacques Le Mancq, Srinivas Raju Rudraraju, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, RDK, Streaming
Irdeto and Broadpeak power Tata Play Binge OTT aggregation service
May 30, 2022 – Irdeto has announce that Tata Play has implemented Broadpeak BkS350 Origin Packager pre-integrated with Irdeto Control and Irdeto Media Manager to power their OTT aggregation platform, Tata Play Binge.
News categories: Irdeto, Broadpeak, Tata, Shane McCarthy, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution