Digital TV News: China Central Television
China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
Mar 20, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that China Central Television (CCTV) has selected Harmonic's advanced media server for UHD playout. By simplifying the delivery of UHD channels for CCTV, Harmonic enables a more vivid television experience for more than a billion viewers.
News categories: Harmonic, China Central Television, Tony Berthaud, Song Wei, CCBN, China, Content Distribution
Chips&Media delivers AVS+ cores for set-top box in China
Aug 2, 2013 – Chips&Media has announced that it has delivered its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, to a couple of leading semiconductor companies. The new AVS+ standard is already being used on a trial basis for 3D satellite broadcasting in China.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
CNTV obtains China's first Internet TV operating licence
Mar 25, 2010 – China Network Television (CNTV), a service of China Central Television (CCTV), has obtained from China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) the country's first internet TV operating licence.
News categories: SARFT, China Network Television, China, Digital TV, OTT, Regulation
China Digital TV Announces Two New Contract Wins
Jun 2, 2009 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that the Company has won contracts to provide conditional access (CA) systems to Jiangxi TV Network, and subscriber management system (SMS) solutions to Zhongguang Movie and TV Satellite.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Content Distribution
CCTV.com Uses Envivio Video Encoders to Launch Beijing IPTV Service In Time for 2008 Olympics
Aug 19, 2008 – Envivio has announced that the new media platform of China's largest television network, China Central Television (CCTV), has launched its IPTV service pilot in Beijing in time for the start of the Olympic Games using 80 Envivio 4Caster encoders.
News categories: Envivio, CCTV, China, Content Distribution, IBC, IPTV
Legend Silicon and aigo Co-launch Mobile High Definition Device For 2008 Olympics
Mar 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has partnered with China's aigo to create a USB Dongle designed around Legend Silicon's demodulation chipset to enable Chinese consumers to view terrestrial HDTV on their laptops in time for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
News categories: Legend Silicon, aigo, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
China Digital TV Files for Initial Public Offering
Sep 21, 2007 – China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. is offering 12,000,000 American depositary shares, or ADSs, each representing one ordinary share and anticipates that the initial public offering price of the ADSs will be between $11 and $13 per ADS.
News categories: China Digital TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPO
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership