Digital TV News: Concurrent
ORS launches hybrid Android TV STBs powered by Skyworth and 3SS
May 4, 2022 – 3SS and Skyworth Digital have announced that ORS has launched next-generation satellite and terrestrial STBs for its simpliTV services. The Skyworth 4K hybrid boxes feature a customized UX created and delivered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, Skyworth Digital, simpliTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Srithar Bala, Thomas Langsenlehner, Android TV, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UX
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
TOD unveils streaming platform for the MENA region
Mar 1, 2022 – TOD, a subscription-based OTT service, has been unveiled to audiences across the MENA region. The streaming platform exclusively hosts beIN SPORTS' sports programming and is available on multiple platforms across web, Android, and iOS devices.
News categories: TOD, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
MultiTV integrates dynamic ad-insertion from Google
Feb 22, 2022 – MultiTV has integrated Google's Dynamic Ad Insertion into its video platform. With the technology, MultiTV is able to offer a targeting solution that delivers personalized ad experiences during breaks on live OTT channels.
News categories: MultiTV, Google, Vikash Samota, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. consumer spending on digital entertainment up over $2 billion in 2021
Feb 4, 2022 – According to DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, overall U.S. consumer spending across digital and physical home entertainment formats in 2021 was $32.3 billion, an almost 8% increase from the $30 billion consumers spent in 2020.
News categories: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
Jan 12, 2022 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). The broadcaster will use castLabs’ cloud digital rights management (DRM), DRMtoday, solution to protect its online video content.
News categories: castLabs, PBS, Alec Henthorne, Scott Nourse, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
Nov 29, 2021 – According to Dataxis, in MENA's traditional pay TV market the share of DTH subscribers has stagnated in recent years. Simultaneously, the SVOD market has grown by 36% in 2020 and is expected to reach 45.6 million subscribers by 2026.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Streaming
Sweden adds 350,000 SVOD subscriptions in last 12 months
Nov 9, 2021 – According to Mediavision, growth in the number of SVOD households in Sweden is declining. However, households that already subscribe continue to add services, resulting in 350,000 new subscriptions in the last 12 months.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
Oct 26, 2021 – HBO Max has gone live in the Nordics and Spain beginning its 27-territory rollout in Europe. HBO Max brings together series and movies from Warner Bros., HBO, DC, Cartoon Network and Max Originals.
News categories: HBO Max, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience