Digital TV News: Concurrent
M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
Mar 27, 2023 – M2A Media is to launch its encoder-based ad manipulation (EBAM) at the 2023 NAB Show. EBAM handles SCTE-35 and SCTE-224 messaging to insert advertising at the encoder side of a live video workflow.
News categories: M2A Media, Matt Hughes, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
Feb 1, 2023 – Cellcom used low latency streaming technology from Synamedia to enhance its FIFA World Cup viewing experience. Cellcom streamed matches in full HD with broadcast-equivalent latency to Android TV STBs using LL-DASH.
News categories: Synamedia, Cellcom, Elke Hungenaert, Gil Hershberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
NexPlayer integrates with Verimatrix Streamkeeper and Watermarking
Sep 9, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris:VMX) has announced that NexPlayer has integrated its NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK with the Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM platform as well as its accompanying Verimatrix Watermarking tools.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexPlayer, Sebastian Braun, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Watermarking, Worldwide
CH Media chooses Kaltura to power new streaming service
Sep 9, 2022 – CH Media has chosen Kaltura (NASDAQ: KLTR) for its new OTT streaming service, oneplus. Kaltura is providing a complete service orchestration for oneplus. At the heart of the service is the Kaltura TV Platform, Kaltura’s cloud-based back-end.
News categories: Kaltura, CH Media, Nuno Sanches, Roger Elsener, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Harmonic and NAGRA offer watermarking-as-a-service for live sports streaming
Aug 23, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and NAGRA are teaming up to improve content protection for live sports streaming with a watermarking-as-a-service offering. NAGRA's forensic watermarking has been integrated with Harmonic's cloud SaaS platform.
News categories: Harmonic, NAGRA, Eric Gallier, Sebastian Kramer, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
ORS launches hybrid Android TV STBs powered by Skyworth and 3SS
May 4, 2022 – 3SS and Skyworth Digital have announced that ORS has launched next-generation satellite and terrestrial STBs for its simpliTV services. The Skyworth 4K hybrid boxes feature a customized UX created and delivered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, Skyworth Digital, simpliTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Srithar Bala, Thomas Langsenlehner, Android TV, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UX
HBO Max launches in 15 additional European countries
Mar 8, 2022 – HBO Max is now available in 61 territories globally after launching in 15 additional European countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
News categories: HBO Max, Christina Sulebakk, Johannes Larcher, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Streaming
TOD unveils streaming platform for the MENA region
Mar 1, 2022 – TOD, a subscription-based OTT service, has been unveiled to audiences across the MENA region. The streaming platform exclusively hosts beIN SPORTS' sports programming and is available on multiple platforms across web, Android, and iOS devices.
News categories: TOD, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
- MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting