Digital TV News: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel
ANT and Ocean Blue Partner for HbbTV and Connected TV solutions
Sep 2, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced a partnership with Ocean Blue Software. The combined solution provides connected TV services, including HbbTV, by integrating the ANT Galio Platform with Ocean Blue's Sunrise™ DVB and Voyager™ MHEG technology.
News categories: ANT plc, Ocean Blue, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
S&T adds HbbTV from ACCESS to RedKey™ 2
Aug 10, 2010 – S&T has signed a licensing agreement with ACCESS Systems to re-distribute ACCESS' NetFront™ Browser and associated HbbTV extensions. The agreement enables S&T to offer a complete HbbTV solution suitable for integration with any digital TV receiver.
News categories: S&T, ACCESS CO, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CSA invites bids for pay DTT in France
Jul 21, 2010 – France's Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) has launched a call for applications to transmit Pay TV on the country's R3 digital terrestrial television multiplex.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Digital TV, France, Regulation, Terrestrial
HbbTV Specification Approved by ETSI
Jul 1, 2010 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced the approval of version 1.1.1 of the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV specification by European standards agency ETSI.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Omer Telecom to offer DVB-H mobile TV in France
Apr 22, 2010 – Omer Telecom is planning to launch mobile TV under the Virgin Mobile brand which it operates in France. The service will use a DVB-H multiplex network provided by TDF.
News categories: Virgin Mobile, TDF, Digital TV, France, Mobile
CSA authorises 16 DVB-H channels for France
Apr 9, 2010 – France's CSA has issued broadcasting licences to 13 private channels that it has selected following a call for applications to provide mobile TV (TMP). It has also granted licences to three public channels selected by the Government.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Digital TV, France, Mobile, Regulation
CSA reports on digital TV in France for 2H09
Mar 17, 2010 – France's Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) has reported latest results from its survey on the penetration of digital TV in French households. Nearly eight in ten households (78.4%) now have at least one TV with digital TV reception.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
France: CSA sets HD DTT timetable
Feb 17, 2010 – France's Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) has set a new timetable for the deployment of digital terrestrial television in high definition on multiplex R5, covering services from TF1 HD, France 2 HD et M6 HD.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Digital TV, France, Terrestrial
France exceeded 10 million pay TV subscribers at end-2008
Dec 16, 2009 – In a report on the economics of pay TV channels, France's Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) found that, at the end of 2008, the number of households subscribing to pay-TV was 10.4 million out of a total of 25.5 million TV households in the country.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Cable TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria