Digital TV News: DIRECTV GO
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
Mar 3, 2021 – According to Dataxis, growth in OTT pay TV remains slow in Latin America. At end of 2020, the technology represents almost 1.3 million subscribers; barely 2% of the pay TV market.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
Jan 14, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Philco have announced a partnership that will bring the Philco Roku TV models to consumers in Brazil. The new Philco Roku TV models run the latest Roku operating system.
News categories: Roku, Philco, Arthur van Rest, Cristiane Clausen, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
WarnerMedia acquires You.i TV
Dec 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia has completed its acquisition of You.i TV. The company’s You.i Engine One platform delivers video apps across mobile, tablet, game consoles, streaming devices, STBs and Smart TVs using a single codebase.
News categories: WarnerMedia, You.i TV, Jason Press, Apps, Digital TV, MandA, OTT, UX, Worldwide
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT
Conviva launches Content Insights
Sep 12, 2019 – Conviva has announced the launch of Conviva Content Insights. The industry now has a way to understand the consumption patterns of streaming viewers across time, locations, content, apps and devices.
News categories: Conviva, Bill Demas, Robert Jones, Christine Weber, David Baron, Nick Grimwood, Brett Sappington, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics