Digital TV News: DVB Project
DVB releases free Reference Client for DVB-I services
Apr 22, 2020 – DVB has announced that an open source reference client for DVB-I is now available. Developed in collaboration with Sofia Digital, the reference client and related materials are released under the open source MIT license.
News categories: DVB Project, Sofia Digital, Emily Dubs, Mika Kanerva, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB approves DVB-I specification
Nov 13, 2019 – DVB has announced the approval of its DVB-I specification by the DVB Steering Board. The DVB-I specification aims to ensure that linear television delivered over the internet is as user-friendly and robust as a traditional broadcast TV experience.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB issues RfP for reference DVB-I app for Android and HbbTV
News categories: DVB Project, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
Jul 10, 2019 – DVB has announced a revision to its specification for the use of video and audio coding in broadcast and broadband applications to include solutions for HDR Dynamic Mapping (DM). The solutions allow a receiver to adapt an HDR video signal to the characteristics of the display.
News categories: DVB Project, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB to demo DVB-I advanced OTT delivery and deployment readiness at IBC
Jul 2, 2019 – At IBC2019, DVB will demonstrate how it is enabling an open standards-based approach to OTT and broadband television through its new DVB-I suite of specifications, highlighting support for low latency, enhanced service discovery, and mABR.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Sisvel to provide patent pool for DVB-SIS
Apr 23, 2019 – DVB has announced that the companies that took part in its process to create a licensing program for patents essential to DVB-SIS have chosen Sisvel to manage the formation of the patent pool.
News categories: DVB Project, Sisvel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
DVB and HbbTV release DASH validation tool
Nov 12, 2018 – DVB has collaborated with the HbbTV Association to create a DASH validation tool. The tool checks ISO/IEC 23009-1 MPEG-DASH media presentation descriptions (MPDs) and segments to ensure conformance with DASH-related specifications from DVB and HbbTV.
News categories: DVB Project, HbbTV Association, Peter MacAvock, Vincent Grivet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
DVB to demonstrate hybrid media delivery at IBC2018
Sep 5, 2018 – DVB has announced that it will showcase hybrid media delivery at IBC2018. By specifying systems for seamless media delivery across all platforms and formats, including linear and on-demand, broadcast and OTT, mobile, HD and UHD, DVB ensures that the industry can deliver high-quality content to every screen.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.