Digital TV News: Dielectric
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital power Phoenix ATSC 3.0 trial
Mar 27, 2018 – Preparations are underway at broadcast suppliers who are providing equipment that will bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market. Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital are each providing key elements.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, Harmonic, Dielectric, ENENSYS, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Implementation and Planning Guide for Transition to ATSC 3.0 released
Oct 12, 2016 – Station groups representing nearly 400 U.S. TV broadcasters and a host of broadcasting equipment and service suppliers are releasing a comprehensive planning guide for a transition to ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, American Tower, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Peter Starke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
ONE Media and TeamCast trial ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Mar 22, 2016 – Experimental facilities covering the Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD markets have began broadcasting using the first-ever ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network (SFN). ONE Media and TeamCast jointly developed, built and deployed the experimental SFN.
News categories: ONE Media, TeamCast, Kevin Gage, Eric Pinson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Magnetic Nanoparticles to Shrink 1-Seg Antennae
Apr 1, 2009 – A research group in Japan has developed a magnetic material for antenna elements, using Fe-Ni alloy nanoparticles, which has about five times the sensitivity of a ceramic dielectric of the same volume.
News categories: Sumitomo Osaka Cement, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile
NXP Semiconductors launches industry's first fully integrated, silicon-based IC solution for satellite LNB
Jun 19, 2007 – NXP Semiconductors has announced the next step in bringing affordable, reliable satellite television technology solutions to the world market. NXP is introducing the industry's first fully integrated down converter for Ku-band digital video broadcasting satellite Low Noise Block (LNB).
News categories: Digital TV, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, TV Services
- Insys Video powers new Olympique Lyonnais OTT streaming service
- Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
- Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
- Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
- WISI powers multiscreen ABR video service at Cable Bahamas
- InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
- Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Greensboro, NC
- Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
- rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
- NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
- Progressive Generation Studios launches PG Kids with OTT from Red Bee
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service