Digital TV News: Dielectric
Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm to show live 5G broadcast streaming at NAB
Apr 12, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have partnered to deliver a live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming demonstration at NAB Show 2022. Pre-recorded content will be encoded and transmitted live over-the-air using a 5G Broadcast signal.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Television Jamaica goes live with Comark end-to-end ATSC 3.0 solution
Feb 15, 2022 – COMARK has announced that Television Jamaica (TVJ) is on the air with a fully integrated ATSC 3.0 solution from COMARK. COMARK delivered an air-cooled UHF transmitter system along with a transmit antenna for the initial OTA service in Kingston.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Television Jamaica, Joe Turbolski, Michael P. Henlin, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital power Phoenix ATSC 3.0 trial
Mar 27, 2018 – Preparations are underway at broadcast suppliers who are providing equipment that will bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market. Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital are each providing key elements.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, Harmonic, Dielectric, ENENSYS, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Implementation and Planning Guide for Transition to ATSC 3.0 released
Oct 12, 2016 – Station groups representing nearly 400 U.S. TV broadcasters and a host of broadcasting equipment and service suppliers are releasing a comprehensive planning guide for a transition to ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, American Tower, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Peter Starke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
ONE Media and TeamCast trial ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Mar 22, 2016 – Experimental facilities covering the Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD markets have began broadcasting using the first-ever ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network (SFN). ONE Media and TeamCast jointly developed, built and deployed the experimental SFN.
News categories: ONE Media, TeamCast, Kevin Gage, Eric Pinson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Magnetic Nanoparticles to Shrink 1-Seg Antennae
Apr 1, 2009 – A research group in Japan has developed a magnetic material for antenna elements, using Fe-Ni alloy nanoparticles, which has about five times the sensitivity of a ceramic dielectric of the same volume.
News categories: Sumitomo Osaka Cement, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile
NXP Semiconductors launches industry's first fully integrated, silicon-based IC solution for satellite LNB
Jun 19, 2007 – NXP Semiconductors has announced the next step in bringing affordable, reliable satellite television technology solutions to the world market. NXP is introducing the industry's first fully integrated down converter for Ku-band digital video broadcasting satellite Low Noise Block (LNB).
News categories: Digital TV, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, TV Services
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022