Digital TV News: Digital Living Network Alliance
DLNA 4.0 Guidelines now available for download
Jun 29, 2016 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that its latest Guidelines for streaming personal content in the home are now available for download. DLNA 4.0 solves the 'media format not supported' problem between devices while supporting Ultra HD TV content streaming.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Duncan Bees, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
DLNA announces 3.0 Certification Program and updated Interoperability Guidelines
Aug 18, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has expanded the DLNA Certification Program to give CE manufacturers more options for certifying their products based on how they plan to differentiate them in the market.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Donna Moore, Digital TV, Mobile, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ABI Research study on the role of DLNA's VidiPath
May 14, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released results from an ABI Research study on the anticipated impact of VidiPath Certified devices for subscription TV service delivery to interoperable devices.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, ABI Research, Scott Lofgren, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Worldwide
DLNA certifies first wave of products supporting 'Trick Modes'
Feb 3, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has certified the first wave of products from its members that support advanced fast-forward, re-wind and frame-by-frame playback capabilities which are now a mandatory feature of DLNA Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home
Elliptic to show CableLabs DLNA CVP-2 reference server at IBC 2014
Sep 11, 2014 – Elliptic Technologies has announced a development with CableLabs of a reference implementation of DLNA's CVP-2 specifications, now under the brand of VidiPath Certification program, using Elliptic's DTCP-IP content protection.
News categories: Elliptic Technologies, CableLabs, Vijay Dube, Tom Lookabough, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Videocon d2h chooses Broadcom for HD Satellite DVR
Jul 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Videocon d2h has selected Broadcom's satellite set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) to power their latest high definition USB digital video recorder (DVR)
News categories: Broadcom, Videocon d2h, Daniel Simmons, Anil Khera, Rajiv Kapur, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Semiconductor
DLNA releases CVP-2 Guidelines for viewing TV content on home devices
Mar 18, 2014 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released its CVP-2 Guidelines. The availability of certified devices will enable consumers to enjoy their service providers’ full subscriber experiences on many different screens in the home.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Mark Hess, Steve Necessary, Tom Lookabaugh, Brett L. Sappington, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amino selects ACCESS DLNA technology
Mar 11, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Amino have announced that Amino has selected the ACCESS NetFront™ Living Connect DLNA Technology Component to power multiscreen media-sharing across its device portfolio.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Amino, Donald McGarva, Dr. Neale Foster, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics introduces Smart Home software platform
Sep 13, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has introduced its Smart Home software platform. ST Smart Home will power set-top boxes capable of managing home energy, automation and security systems in addition to providing access to multimedia content.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December