Digital TV News: Disney+
Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
Nov 21, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, global AVOD revenues for TV series and movies will reach $91 billion in 2028, up from $38 billion in 2022. The top 10 countries will represent 81% of the world’s total by 2028.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. TV usage rose again in October
Nov 17, 2022 – According to Nielsen, time spent watching TV in the U.S. climbed for the second consecutive month in October. The 2.2% monthly increase in TV consumption was underpinned by a nearly 10% jump in broadcast viewing compared to September.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Disney adds 57 million D2C subscribers in year to October 1, 2022
Nov 8, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported results for the period ended October 1, 2022. Direct-to-Consumer revenues for the quarter increased 8% to $4.9 billion and operating loss increased $0.8 billion to $1.5 billion.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
TCL Roku TV models coming to Australia
Nov 3, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that TCL Roku TV models will be coming to Australia. Starting in early November, Australian consumers can purchase 4K UHD TCL Roku TV models in 55" or 65" screen sizes.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Arthur van Rest, Australia, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS
Dish TV India launches one-stop OTT entertainment platform
Oct 31, 2022 – Dish TV's Watcho offers packages of the most popular OTT platforms - Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, Sony LIV, Lionsgate Play, Hungama Play, HoiChoi, Klikk, EpicOn, Chaupal, and Oho Gujarati - via a single login and subscription model.
News categories: Watcho, Dish TV India, Sukhpreet Singh, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Streaming
BARB makes Netflix viewing reporting widely available
Nov 2, 2022 – Netflix is now included in BARB's UK audience measurement for live and VOSDAL (viewed on same day as live) viewing, known as overnight viewing, as well as consolidated viewing, for viewing over a 7-day, 28-day or any user-defined period.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
SVOD revenue in Australia to grow at an 8.9% CAGR over 2022-2027
Oct 26, 2022 – According to GlobalData, SVOD revenue in Australia is expected to increase from $2.2 billion in 2022 to $3.4 billion in 2027, driven by growth in subscriptions and unique households along with a steady rise in ARPU.
News categories: GlobalData, Srikanth Vaidya, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
VIZIO rolls out My Watchlist and enhanced recommendations
Oct 25, 2022 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has introduced My Watchlist, a feature that allows viewers to add their favorite TV shows and movies from different streaming services into one central location on VIZIO SmartCast TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Steve Yum, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, UX
ZTE launches Android TV stick for operators
Oct 24, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched an Android TV UHD stick for operators at the Broadband World Forum. The portable home media terminal offers access to movies and TV sources on the internet as well as TV applications.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices