Digital TV News: Disney+
Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
Nov 27, 2023 – Digital TV Research expects global SVOD subscriptions to increase by 321 million between 2023 and 2029 to reach 1.79 billion. The US will add 30 million, Brazil 23 million and India 27 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Disney+ introduces ad-supported and ad-free UK plans
Nov 1, 2023 – Disney+ in the UK has introduced an ad-supported subscription plan, alongside two ad-free options, offering consumers a range of subscription plans and increased flexibility to suit their needs.
News categories: Disney+, Luke Bradley Jones, Deborah Armstrong, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
DNA launches Android TV box with Dolby Atmos
Oct 30, 2023 – On the 6th of November, DNA will launch its DNA Entertainment Box, a video soundbox featuring Dolby Atmos immersive sound. The Android TV device also supports Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: DNA, Dolby, Sagemcom, Mikko Saarentaus, Anaïs Libolt, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box
Disney+ expands ad automation and measurement capabilities
Oct 27, 2023 – Disney+ has announced that advanced audience targeting; additional programmatic marketplaces; expanded ad formats and enriched measurement are all now available to advertisers using the service.
News categories: Disney, Disney+, Rita Ferro, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Barb releases Q3 2023 UK SVOD subscriptions data
Oct 26, 2023 – Barb has released data from its Establishment Survey showing that 19.3m UK homes (67.3%) had access to an SVOD service in Q3 2023, up from 18.8m (65.9%) that had access in Q2 2023.
News categories: Barb, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Mediacom to bring Xumo Stream Box to its broadband customers
Oct 19, 2023 – Xumo has announced Mediacom Communications will begin offering the Xumo Stream Box to its Xtream Internet customers in the coming months, the third U.S.-based operator to do so.
News categories: Xumo, Mediacom, Michael Gatzke, Tapan Dandnaik, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, USA
Swisscom: new TV-Box, Disney+ partnership and streaming package
Oct 17, 2023 – Swisscom will launch its new TV-Box 5 on 24 October 2023. The box is powered by Android TV. From November, the Disney+ streaming service will also be available to blue TV customers.
News categories: Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
JVC Roku TV models launch in the UK at Currys
Oct 4, 2023 – Roku has announced a range of Roku TV models with Currys-owned brand JVC. Combining quality hardware with the Roku OS, the TVs deliver a seamless streaming experience at competitive prices.
News categories: Roku, Currys, Bart Bomers, Paul Slater, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, UK
Xumo rolls out streaming box to Charter and Comcast households
Oct 4, 2023 – Xumo has launched its Xumo Stream Box to Spectrum households, with plans to bring it to Xfinity homes soon. Xumo Stream Box is powered by Comcast's Entertainment OS.
News categories: Xumo, Charter, Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Rich DiGeronimo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, USA
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification