Digital TV News: ETRI
ATSC 3.0 fixed and mobile performance field tested
Sep 3, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI), with partners ETRI, InterDigital and Technicolor has run live broadcast tests to validate the integration and quantify the performance of key advanced components of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Technicolor, InterDigital, ETRI, Mark Aitken, Thomas Bohan, Alan Stein, Sung-Ik Park, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Cleveland field test shows ATSC 3.0 UHD HDR in a challenging urban environment
May 23, 2019 – In a field test conducted under the auspices of the NAB in Cleveland, OH, an engineering team of industry participants showed how ATSC 3.0 can enhance the technological performance and economic value of existing broadcast infrastructures.
News categories: Technicolor, National Association of Broadcasters, Alan Stein, Kelly Williams, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
2D-to-3D conversion software success for ETRI and NHNZ
Mar 1, 2015 – Global production house NHNZ is now offering highly cost-effective 3D content after completing a 3-year-long collaboration with Korean tech giant ETRI to create new 2D-to-3D conversion software.
News categories: NHNZ, ETRI, Wayne Poll, John Crawford, Digital TV, Software, VR, Worldwide
New ATSC Digital TV Standards Demonstrated at 2012 NAB Show
Apr 13, 2012 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) will highlight new innovations at the 2012 NAB Show. ATSC is also one of the leading organizations driving the global 'Future of Broadcast TV' (FoBTV) initiative.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Mobile, NABShow, Terrestrial, VR
Committee produces HEVC/H.265 MPEG codec draft specification
Feb 10, 2012 – ISO/IEC's Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) has announced the completion of the ISO/IEC committee draft of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) [H.265] standard.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, High Efficiency Video Coding, Digital TV, OTT, TV Services
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers