Digital TV News: ETRI
ATSC 3.0 fixed and mobile performance field tested
Sep 3, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI), with partners ETRI, InterDigital and Technicolor has run live broadcast tests to validate the integration and quantify the performance of key advanced components of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Technicolor, InterDigital, ETRI, Mark Aitken, Thomas Bohan, Alan Stein, Sung-Ik Park, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Cleveland field test shows ATSC 3.0 UHD HDR in a challenging urban environment
May 23, 2019 – In a field test conducted under the auspices of the NAB in Cleveland, OH, an engineering team of industry participants showed how ATSC 3.0 can enhance the technological performance and economic value of existing broadcast infrastructures.
News categories: Technicolor, National Association of Broadcasters, Alan Stein, Kelly Williams, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
2D-to-3D conversion software success for ETRI and NHNZ
Mar 1, 2015 – Global production house NHNZ is now offering highly cost-effective 3D content after completing a 3-year-long collaboration with Korean tech giant ETRI to create new 2D-to-3D conversion software.
News categories: NHNZ, ETRI, Wayne Poll, John Crawford, Digital TV, Software, VR, Worldwide
New ATSC Digital TV Standards Demonstrated at 2012 NAB Show
Apr 13, 2012 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) will highlight new innovations at the 2012 NAB Show. ATSC is also one of the leading organizations driving the global 'Future of Broadcast TV' (FoBTV) initiative.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Mobile, NABShow, Terrestrial, VR
Committee produces HEVC/H.265 MPEG codec draft specification
Feb 10, 2012 – ISO/IEC's Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) has announced the completion of the ISO/IEC committee draft of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) [H.265] standard.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, High Efficiency Video Coding, Digital TV, Streaming, TV Services
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2022, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- ATSC 3.0 Technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA