Digital TV News: ETRI
ATSC 3.0 fixed and mobile performance field tested
Sep 3, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI), with partners ETRI, InterDigital and Technicolor has run live broadcast tests to validate the integration and quantify the performance of key advanced components of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Technicolor, InterDigital, ETRI, Mark Aitken, Thomas Bohan, Alan Stein, Sung-Ik Park, ATSC, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Cleveland field test shows ATSC 3.0 UHD HDR in a challenging urban environment
May 23, 2019 – In a field test conducted under the auspices of the NAB in Cleveland, OH, an engineering team of industry participants showed how ATSC 3.0 can enhance the technological performance and economic value of existing broadcast infrastructures.
News categories: Technicolor, National Association of Broadcasters, Alan Stein, Kelly Williams, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
2D-to-3D conversion software success for ETRI and NHNZ
Mar 1, 2015 – Global production house NHNZ is now offering highly cost-effective 3D content after completing a 3-year-long collaboration with Korean tech giant ETRI to create new 2D-to-3D conversion software.
News categories: NHNZ, ETRI, Wayne Poll, John Crawford, Digital TV, Software, VR, Worldwide
New ATSC Digital TV Standards Demonstrated at 2012 NAB Show
Apr 13, 2012 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) will highlight new innovations at the 2012 NAB Show. ATSC is also one of the leading organizations driving the global 'Future of Broadcast TV' (FoBTV) initiative.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC, Mobile, NABShow, Terrestrial, VR
Committee produces HEVC/H.265 MPEG codec draft specification
Feb 10, 2012 – ISO/IEC's Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) has announced the completion of the ISO/IEC committee draft of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) [H.265] standard.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, High Efficiency Video Coding, Broadcasting, Digital TV, OTT
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV