Digital TV News: ETRI
ATSC 3.0 fixed and mobile performance field tested
Sep 3, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI), with partners ETRI, InterDigital and Technicolor has run live broadcast tests to validate the integration and quantify the performance of key advanced components of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Technicolor, InterDigital, ETRI, Mark Aitken, Thomas Bohan, Alan Stein, Sung-Ik Park, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Cleveland field test shows ATSC 3.0 UHD HDR in a challenging urban environment
May 23, 2019 – In a field test conducted under the auspices of the NAB in Cleveland, OH, an engineering team of industry participants showed how ATSC 3.0 can enhance the technological performance and economic value of existing broadcast infrastructures.
News categories: Technicolor, National Association of Broadcasters, Alan Stein, Kelly Williams, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
2D-to-3D conversion software success for ETRI and NHNZ
Mar 1, 2015 – Global production house NHNZ is now offering highly cost-effective 3D content after completing a 3-year-long collaboration with Korean tech giant ETRI to create new 2D-to-3D conversion software.
News categories: NHNZ, ETRI, Wayne Poll, John Crawford, Digital TV, Software, VR, Worldwide
New ATSC Digital TV Standards Demonstrated at 2012 NAB Show
Apr 13, 2012 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) will highlight new innovations at the 2012 NAB Show. ATSC is also one of the leading organizations driving the global 'Future of Broadcast TV' (FoBTV) initiative.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Mobile, NABShow, Terrestrial, VR
Committee produces HEVC/H.265 MPEG codec draft specification
Feb 10, 2012 – ISO/IEC's Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) has announced the completion of the ISO/IEC committee draft of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) [H.265] standard.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, High Efficiency Video Coding, Digital TV, OTT, TV Services
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBCShowcase, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product