Digital TV News: ETRI
ATSC 3.0 fixed and mobile performance field tested
Sep 3, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (Nasdaq: SBGI), with partners ETRI, InterDigital and Technicolor has run live broadcast tests to validate the integration and quantify the performance of key advanced components of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Technicolor, InterDigital, ETRI, Mark Aitken, Thomas Bohan, Alan Stein, Sung-Ik Park, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Cleveland field test shows ATSC 3.0 UHD HDR in a challenging urban environment
May 23, 2019 – In a field test conducted under the auspices of the NAB in Cleveland, OH, an engineering team of industry participants showed how ATSC 3.0 can enhance the technological performance and economic value of existing broadcast infrastructures.
News categories: Technicolor, National Association of Broadcasters, Alan Stein, Kelly Williams, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
2D-to-3D conversion software success for ETRI and NHNZ
Mar 1, 2015 – Global production house NHNZ is now offering highly cost-effective 3D content after completing a 3-year-long collaboration with Korean tech giant ETRI to create new 2D-to-3D conversion software.
News categories: NHNZ, ETRI, Wayne Poll, John Crawford, Digital TV, Software, VR, Worldwide
New ATSC Digital TV Standards Demonstrated at 2012 NAB Show
Apr 13, 2012 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) will highlight new innovations at the 2012 NAB Show. ATSC is also one of the leading organizations driving the global 'Future of Broadcast TV' (FoBTV) initiative.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3.0, Mobile, NABShow, Terrestrial, VR
Committee produces HEVC/H.265 MPEG codec draft specification
Feb 10, 2012 – ISO/IEC's Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) has announced the completion of the ISO/IEC committee draft of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) [H.265] standard.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, High Efficiency Video Coding, Digital TV, OTT, TV Services
SISVEL Announces Progress in the Formation of the DVB-T2 Patent Pool
Sep 10, 2009 – On the occasion of IBC2009, SISVEL has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patent rights that have been evaluated as essential to the DVB-T2 standard by independent experts.
News categories: SISVEL, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBCShowcase, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast