Digital TV News: Evoca
Evoca selects CommScope for Android TV ATSC 3.0 set-tops
Aug 25, 2021 – CommScope has been selected by Evoca to provide its subscribers with the latest generation of set-top solutions powered by Android TV with integrated dual multimode ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 tuners.
News categories: CommScope, Evoca, Ken Haase, Todd Achilles, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Edge Networks selects Vewd OpX to power Evoca TV
Jul 1, 2021 – Evoca TV has selected Vewd OpX to power the content and UX for its TV service. Vewd OpX is integrated into Evoca's Scout receiver and delivers linear, on-demand, apps and more within an intuitive TV experience.
News categories: Vewd, Evoca, Todd Achilles, Henrik Sten, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Connectivity Standards Alliance announces smart home protocol
May 11, 2021 – The Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), formerly known as the Zigbee Alliance, has announced Matter – the interoperable, secure connectivity standard for the future of the smart home.
News categories: Connectivity Standards Alliance, Tobin Richardson, Bruno Vulcano, David Shearer, Jim Kitchen, George Yianni, Samantha Osborne, Alex Yang, Smart Home, Worldwide
ENENSYS powers service quality monitoring at Evoca
Apr 22, 2021 – ENENSYS has announced that it is working with Evoca, an ATSC 3.0-based TV service provider in the U.S., to monitor its content along the video delivery chain, from contribution to RF distribution.
News categories: ENENSYS, Evoca, Carmen Kerloc'h, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, USA
Edge Networks launches NextGen TV service with Harmonic
Dec 9, 2020 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Edge Networks launched its Evoca TV service with an end-to-end solution from Harmonic. Evoca combines OTA ATSC 3.0 broadcasts with video streaming to reach underserved areas in the U.S.
News categories: Harmonic, Edge Networks, Eric Armstrong, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Edge Networks' Evoca goes live with COMARK ATSC 3.0 solution
Nov 4, 2020 – Hitachi Kokusai Electric Comark has announced that Edge Networks is 'on-the-air' with an ATSC 3.0 solution from Comark. Edge Networks is using ATSC 3.0 to deliver 80+ live, local, entertainment and sports channels to customers in Boise, ID.
News categories: Comark, Edge Networks, Evoca, Joe Turbolski, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Edge Networks selects ENENSYS for Evoca roll out
Aug 28, 2020 – ENENSYS has announced that Edge Networks has selected ENENSYS for its hybrid NEXTGEN TV service, Evoca. The solution includes an ATSC 3.0 Head-End and test and monitoring products.
News categories: ENENSYS, Edge Networks, Régis Le Roux, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
Apr 2, 2020 – Edge Networks has launched of its over-the-air television service, Evoca. Using ATSC 3.0 technology, the service offers 80+ TV channels. Rolling out first in Boise, Idaho, Evoca will offer HD and 4K services for less than $50 per month.
News categories: Edge Networks, Evoca, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks