Digital TV News: Evolution Digital
Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
Jun 8, 2021 – Evolution Digital has announced that TDS Telecom plans to deploy eSTREAM 4K, its Android TV set-top box. The box integrates third-party apps and a voice-enabled remote control with TDS' managed TiVo application.
News categories: Evolution Digital, TDS Telecom, Marc Cohen, Ken Paker, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
Jun 2, 2020 – Evolution Digital has launched the Evolution Device Manager (eDM) cloud-based SaaS solution to operators deploying eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV. eDM is a hosted platform that enables management, administration and control of eSTREAM 4K devices in the field.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Cash Hagen, Android TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Midco to deploy Evolution Digital Android TV set-top box
Oct 1, 2019 – Evolution Digital has announced that Midcontinent Communications (Midco) will deploy IPTV services in early 2020 using its eSTREAM 4K managed all-IP streaming box, offering an integrated streaming-based video solution on the Android TV Operator Tier.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Midco, Marc Cohen, Bill Chatwell, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Vast Broadband selects Evolution Digital for app-based video offering
Jun 27, 2019 – Vast Broadband will use Evolution Digital as the end-to-end IP video platform provider for its app-based video offering. The app will feature linear channels, VOD, nDVR, PPV and catch-up/start-over content on an operator-customised user experience.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Vast Broadband, Marc Cohen, Jim Gleason, Android TV, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital launches app-based user interface
Oct 2, 2018 – Evolution Digital has unveiled its operator-customizable eMERGE app-based software client that integrates pay-TV operators’ IP video services, enabled by eVUE-TV, including live linear, VOD, PPV and network DVR recordings, with OTT streaming content.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
Feb 12, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to Mediacom Communications customers. Evolution Digital's eBOX will include Evolution Digital-enabled IP Pay-Per-View (PPV) services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Mediacom Communications, Marc Cohen, JR Walden, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital launches 4K Android TV STB
Feb 7, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the availability of eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV, an all-IP streaming box that delivers traditional cable services coupled with streaming apps from the Google Play Store.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Evolution Digital rolls out upgraded eVUE-TV experience
Jan 22, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of software upgrades for its eVUE-TV IP video service experience with upgraded features and functionalities for both operators and their customers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Evolution Digital launches streaming service for US cable operators
Oct 2, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced the launch of an app-based streaming video service, eVUE-NOW!, for cable and telecoms operators across the U.S., enabling the delivery of a skinny package of local broadcast and cable channels to streaming devices.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Evolution Digital, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing