Digital TV News: FPT Telecom
FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
Mar 19, 2019 – FPT has launched FPT play box+, Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device. FPT Play Box+ has an intuitive user interface, built on Android TV P, with personalized program recommendations based on family members' preferences.
News categories: SDMC, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Vietnam
FPT Television selects Telaria for connected TV video ad management
Dec 3, 2018 – FPT Television has announced that it has selected Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) as its preferred Video Management Platform for monetizing and managing connected TV supply. FPT Television provides IPTV to more than one million households in Vietnam.
News categories: Telaria, FPT Television, Kevin Smyth, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
Vietnam's FPT Telecom selects ATEME encoders
May 24, 2016 – ATEME has announced that it is providing its Kyrion encoders to drive 70 major content channels for Vietnam's FPT Telecom. The encoders will be deployed on the premises of content providers where they will encode content and stream it back to FPT operations centres.
News categories: ATEME, FPT Telecom, Emmanuel Boureau, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Content Distribution, Vietnam
Vietnam's FPT Telecom chooses Thomson encoders for IPTV and OTT service
May 29, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that Vietnam's FPT Telecom has deployed its ViBE VS7000 multi-screen and HEVC encoding system to drive the upcoming release of its IPTV and FPT Play app, the company’s IPTV and OTT video service.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, FPT Telecom, Tony Berthaud, Vu Anh Tu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming, Vietnam
FPT Telecom awarded pay TV licence in Vietnam
Aug 8, 2013 – Vietnam's Ministry of Information and Communications has granted pay TV licenses to FPT Telecom. The firm will be allowed to offer analogue cable TV across Vietnam, except in major cities. Digital cable TV it will be able to offer nationwide.
News categories: FPT Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Vietnam
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- U.S. TV viewing hits four-year high in January
- North America to lose another 10 million pay TV subscribers
- At least 40% of campaigns in Europe to run on CTV
- Titan OS selects OneTrust as data privacy partner
- Pixalate releases Q4 2023 CTV device market share report
- RTL Deutschland and ProSiebenSat.1 join forces in adtech
- EU approves Orange, MásMóvil joint venture with conditions
- Foxtel reveals pricing and retail partners for Hubbl
- Turkcell partners with Qwilt and Cisco to boost content delivery
- Global TV shipments in 2023 down 2.7% YoY at 195 million units
- Pixalate releases Q4 2023 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Bitcentral integrates AI-driven personalization from Argoid AI
- SMPTE releases engineering report on AI and the media
- TV Sarpi/Ayety selects inext STBs for OK.TV service in Georgia
- Ad tiering pays off as 36% of U.S. subscribers upgrade to avoid ads
- Ateme SSAI supports latest HLS Interstitials spec. from Apple
- Walmart agrees to acquire VIZIO
- Veira to introduce TVs with Tizen OS
- Demand expected for ad-supported streaming subscriptions in Sweden
- Samsung ranked No. 1 global TV brand for 18th consecutive year