Digital TV News: FPT Telecom
FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
Mar 19, 2019 – FPT has launched FPT play box+, Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device. FPT Play Box+ has an intuitive user interface, built on Android TV P, with personalized program recommendations based on family members' preferences.
News categories: SDMC, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Vietnam
FPT Television selects Telaria for connected TV video ad management
Dec 3, 2018 – FPT Television has announced that it has selected Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) as its preferred Video Management Platform for monetizing and managing connected TV supply. FPT Television provides IPTV to more than one million households in Vietnam.
News categories: Telaria, FPT Television, Kevin Smyth, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
Vietnam's FPT Telecom selects ATEME encoders
May 24, 2016 – ATEME has announced that it is providing its Kyrion encoders to drive 70 major content channels for Vietnam's FPT Telecom. The encoders will be deployed on the premises of content providers where they will encode content and stream it back to FPT operations centres.
News categories: ATEME, FPT Telecom, Emmanuel Boureau, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Content Distribution, Vietnam
Vietnam's FPT Telecom chooses Thomson encoders for IPTV and OTT service
May 29, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that Vietnam's FPT Telecom has deployed its ViBE VS7000 multi-screen and HEVC encoding system to drive the upcoming release of its IPTV and FPT Play app, the company’s IPTV and OTT video service.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, FPT Telecom, Tony Berthaud, Vu Anh Tu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Vietnam
FPT Telecom awarded pay TV licence in Vietnam
Aug 8, 2013 – Vietnam's Ministry of Information and Communications has granted pay TV licenses to FPT Telecom. The firm will be allowed to offer analogue cable TV across Vietnam, except in major cities. Digital cable TV it will be able to offer nationwide.
News categories: FPT Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Regulation, Vietnam
Asia subscription TV figures higher than ROW combined
Nov 4, 2009 – The Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has announced new data for subscription TV penetration across the Asia Pacific, noting that the region now has 326 million pay-TV, up 26 million homes in 2009.
News categories: CASBAA, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership