Digital TV News: Fetch TV
Fetch TV to integrate Metrological app store
Sep 1, 2020 – Fetch TV and Metrological have announced that the Metrological Application Platform will be integrated into the Fetch service. Fetch will also use the Metrological Lightning Framework to enhance the performance of its UI.
News categories: Metrological, Fetch TV, Jeroen Ghijsen, Scott Lorson, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
Oct 15, 2019 – Australia’s TV and video market is on track to achieve a second consecutive year of growth in 2019, with consumer spend set to grow by 4%, according to Futuresource Consulting. Despite the continuing upsurge, key components are experiencing wildly varying fortunes.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
Aug 19, 2019 – Australians have a growing taste for sports and video entertainment content, sending the SVOD services market to new heights, reaching 12.3 million total subscriptions at the end of June 2019, according to research from Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
Addressable TV advertising technology already reaches over 9 million Australians
Aug 26, 2018 – Addressable TV advertising technologies allow advertisers to segment TV audiences and serve different ads within a common program or navigation screen. Research from Roy Morgan shows that over 9 million Australians are already using the devices and services that this kind of technology requires.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
SVOD feeds Australian's insatiable appetite for streaming content
Jul 30, 2018 – The Australian Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services market continues to grow strongly reaching 9.1 million subscriptions at the end of June 2018, a year-on-year increase of 54 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Optus' Fetch STB now works with Google Assistant
Jan 25, 2018 – Optus has announced that their Fetch set-top box now works with Google Assistant. Using voice activated AI, Fetch customers have the option of hands-free entertainment and can use their voice to search for something to watch, find out what’s on, set recordings, change the channel and more.
News categories: Optus, Ben White, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MaxLinear DVB-T receiver selected by Fetch TV for hybrid STBs
Sep 9, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL101SF DVB-T tuner has been selected by Fetch TV for its recently launched high-definition and ultra-high-definition set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: MaxLinear, Fetch TV, Will Torgerson, Australia, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Pay TV and FTA TV will survive SVOD boom in Australia
Dec 8, 2015 – Australian subscriptions to streaming video on demand (SVOD) services – like Netflix, Presto and Stan – will grow by a factor of 17 between the end of 2014 and the end of 2019, according to new forecasts by Ovum.
News categories: Ovum, David Kennedy, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0