Digital TV News: FetchTV
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, David Buckingham, Martin Mercer, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
24,000 TV customers for Australia's iiNet
Feb 21, 2013 – Australian DSL Internet Service Provider, iiNet (ASX: IIN), has announced results for the six months ended 31 December 2012. iiNet had 24,000 television customers at the end of the year up from 18,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
TransACT partners with FetchTV in Australia
May 11, 2012 – TransACT has announced that it has partnered with FetchTV to offer television services in Ballarat, Geelong and Mildura on its DOCSIS 3 network. The fetchtv service offers free and subscription TV, internet entertainment, and a video store.
News categories: FetchTV, TransACT, Australia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
More than 300,000 Australian households now accessing IPTV
Feb 7, 2012 – A study released by Telsyte confirms the rise of subscription TV over broadband with more than 300,000 Australian homes now accessing an IPTV service. This equates to around one in ten subscription TV services currently delivered over broadband.
News categories: Telsyte, Australia, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Vodafone Australia Connects First NBN Trial Customers
Dec 19, 2011 – Vodafone Australia (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD) has announced that it has connected its first customers to the National Broadband Network (NBN) who will now be able to enjoy mobile, pay TV and high speed broadband services. Vodafone is the first new entrant to trial the NBN.
News categories: Vodafone, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV
Australia's Adam Internet launches fetchtv
Dec 13, 2011 – Australian ISP Adam Internet has announced that it is launching two IPTV options - fetchtv and fetchtv lite - offering the latest in home entertainment and including a 1TB personal video recorder.
News categories: Adam Internet, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box
iiNet Takes Celeno 'Down Under' to Support In-Home Wi-Fi for its IPTV Service
Dec 6, 2011 – Celeno Communications has announced that iiNet, Australia's second largest DSL broadband provider, has selected Celeno-enabled Wi-Fi Ethernet bridges to support wireless delivery of its fast-growing IPTV services.
News categories: Celeno, iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Optus launches MeTV in Australia with FetchTV
Oct 24, 2011 – Optus has announced the launch of Optus MeTV with FetchTV. Available on-demand over an existing broadband connection, Optus MeTV combines free-to-air and subscription TV together with a state-of-the-art PVR and user interface.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Internode debuts fetchtv IPTV service over Australia's NBN
Sep 7, 2011 – Although the multicast service that's typically used to provide IPTV is not scheduled for release on the National Broadband Network (NBN) until mid-2012, Internode has designed a delivery system that allows it to provide fetchtv today.
News categories: Internode, Australia, Broadband, IPTV
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management