Digital TV News: FetchTV
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, David Buckingham, Martin Mercer, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
24,000 TV customers for Australia's iiNet
Feb 21, 2013 – Australian DSL Internet Service Provider, iiNet (ASX: IIN), has announced results for the six months ended 31 December 2012. iiNet had 24,000 television customers at the end of the year up from 18,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
TransACT partners with FetchTV in Australia
May 11, 2012 – TransACT has announced that it has partnered with FetchTV to offer television services in Ballarat, Geelong and Mildura on its DOCSIS 3 network. The fetchtv service offers free and subscription TV, internet entertainment, and a video store.
News categories: FetchTV, TransACT, Australia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
More than 300,000 Australian households now accessing IPTV
Feb 7, 2012 – A study released by Telsyte confirms the rise of subscription TV over broadband with more than 300,000 Australian homes now accessing an IPTV service. This equates to around one in ten subscription TV services currently delivered over broadband.
News categories: Telsyte, Australia, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Vodafone Australia Connects First NBN Trial Customers
Dec 19, 2011 – Vodafone Australia (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD) has announced that it has connected its first customers to the National Broadband Network (NBN) who will now be able to enjoy mobile, pay TV and high speed broadband services. Vodafone is the first new entrant to trial the NBN.
News categories: Vodafone, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV
Australia's Adam Internet launches fetchtv
Dec 13, 2011 – Australian ISP Adam Internet has announced that it is launching two IPTV options - fetchtv and fetchtv lite - offering the latest in home entertainment and including a 1TB personal video recorder.
News categories: Adam Internet, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box
iiNet Takes Celeno 'Down Under' to Support In-Home Wi-Fi for its IPTV Service
Dec 6, 2011 – Celeno Communications has announced that iiNet, Australia's second largest DSL broadband provider, has selected Celeno-enabled Wi-Fi Ethernet bridges to support wireless delivery of its fast-growing IPTV services.
News categories: Celeno, iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Optus launches MeTV in Australia with FetchTV
Oct 24, 2011 – Optus has announced the launch of Optus MeTV with FetchTV. Available on-demand over an existing broadband connection, Optus MeTV combines free-to-air and subscription TV together with a state-of-the-art PVR and user interface.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Internode debuts fetchtv IPTV service over Australia's NBN
Sep 7, 2011 – Although the multicast service that's typically used to provide IPTV is not scheduled for release on the National Broadband Network (NBN) until mid-2012, Internode has designed a delivery system that allows it to provide fetchtv today.
News categories: Internode, Australia, Broadband, IPTV
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G