Digital TV News: FetchTV
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, David Buckingham, Martin Mercer, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
24,000 TV customers for Australia's iiNet
Feb 21, 2013 – Australian DSL Internet Service Provider, iiNet (ASX: IIN), has announced results for the six months ended 31 December 2012. iiNet had 24,000 television customers at the end of the year up from 18,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
TransACT partners with FetchTV in Australia
May 11, 2012 – TransACT has announced that it has partnered with FetchTV to offer television services in Ballarat, Geelong and Mildura on its DOCSIS 3 network. The fetchtv service offers free and subscription TV, internet entertainment, and a video store.
News categories: FetchTV, TransACT, Australia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
More than 300,000 Australian households now accessing IPTV
Feb 7, 2012 – A study released by Telsyte confirms the rise of subscription TV over broadband with more than 300,000 Australian homes now accessing an IPTV service. This equates to around one in ten subscription TV services currently delivered over broadband.
News categories: Telsyte, Australia, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Vodafone Australia Connects First NBN Trial Customers
Dec 19, 2011 – Vodafone Australia (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD) has announced that it has connected its first customers to the National Broadband Network (NBN) who will now be able to enjoy mobile, pay TV and high speed broadband services. Vodafone is the first new entrant to trial the NBN.
News categories: Vodafone, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV
Australia's Adam Internet launches fetchtv
Dec 13, 2011 – Australian ISP Adam Internet has announced that it is launching two IPTV options - fetchtv and fetchtv lite - offering the latest in home entertainment and including a 1TB personal video recorder.
News categories: Adam Internet, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box
iiNet Takes Celeno 'Down Under' to Support In-Home Wi-Fi for its IPTV Service
Dec 6, 2011 – Celeno Communications has announced that iiNet, Australia's second largest DSL broadband provider, has selected Celeno-enabled Wi-Fi Ethernet bridges to support wireless delivery of its fast-growing IPTV services.
News categories: Celeno, iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Optus launches MeTV in Australia with FetchTV
Oct 24, 2011 – Optus has announced the launch of Optus MeTV with FetchTV. Available on-demand over an existing broadband connection, Optus MeTV combines free-to-air and subscription TV together with a state-of-the-art PVR and user interface.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Internode debuts fetchtv IPTV service over Australia's NBN
Sep 7, 2011 – Although the multicast service that's typically used to provide IPTV is not scheduled for release on the National Broadband Network (NBN) until mid-2012, Internode has designed a delivery system that allows it to provide fetchtv today.
News categories: Internode, Australia, Broadband, IPTV
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow