Digital TV News: FetchTV
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, David Buckingham, Martin Mercer, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
24,000 TV customers for Australia's iiNet
Feb 21, 2013 – Australian DSL Internet Service Provider, iiNet (ASX: IIN), has announced results for the six months ended 31 December 2012. iiNet had 24,000 television customers at the end of the year up from 18,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
TransACT partners with FetchTV in Australia
May 11, 2012 – TransACT has announced that it has partnered with FetchTV to offer television services in Ballarat, Geelong and Mildura on its DOCSIS 3 network. The fetchtv service offers free and subscription TV, internet entertainment, and a video store.
News categories: FetchTV, TransACT, Australia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, DVR, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
More than 300,000 Australian households now accessing IPTV
Feb 7, 2012 – A study released by Telsyte confirms the rise of subscription TV over broadband with more than 300,000 Australian homes now accessing an IPTV service. This equates to around one in ten subscription TV services currently delivered over broadband.
News categories: Telsyte, Australia, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Vodafone Australia Connects First NBN Trial Customers
Dec 19, 2011 – Vodafone Australia (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD) has announced that it has connected its first customers to the National Broadband Network (NBN) who will now be able to enjoy mobile, pay TV and high speed broadband services. Vodafone is the first new entrant to trial the NBN.
News categories: Vodafone, Australia, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV
Australia's Adam Internet launches fetchtv
Dec 13, 2011 – Australian ISP Adam Internet has announced that it is launching two IPTV options - fetchtv and fetchtv lite - offering the latest in home entertainment and including a 1TB personal video recorder.
News categories: Adam Internet, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box
iiNet Takes Celeno 'Down Under' to Support In-Home Wi-Fi for its IPTV Service
Dec 6, 2011 – Celeno Communications has announced that iiNet, Australia's second largest DSL broadband provider, has selected Celeno-enabled Wi-Fi Ethernet bridges to support wireless delivery of its fast-growing IPTV services.
News categories: Celeno, iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Optus launches MeTV in Australia with FetchTV
Oct 24, 2011 – Optus has announced the launch of Optus MeTV with FetchTV. Available on-demand over an existing broadband connection, Optus MeTV combines free-to-air and subscription TV together with a state-of-the-art PVR and user interface.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Internode debuts fetchtv IPTV service over Australia's NBN
Sep 7, 2011 – Although the multicast service that's typically used to provide IPTV is not scheduled for release on the National Broadband Network (NBN) until mid-2012, Internode has designed a delivery system that allows it to provide fetchtv today.
News categories: Internode, Australia, Broadband, IPTV
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania