Digital TV News: Foxtel
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
Feb 25, 2021 – At the Future of TV Advertising Sydney forum, OzTAM CEO Doug Peiffer has shared top line test data from Virtual Australia (VOZ), the new all-screen, cross-platform Total TV planning and reporting database.
News categories: OzTAM, Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
8.6 million Australians now watching BVOD
Jan 28, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows 8.6 million Australians now watch BVOD services which include ABC iView, SBS On Demand, 7plus, 9Now and 10 Play. All five leading services have grown strongly during 2020.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Subscription TV viewers soared in Australia during 2020
Jan 12, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows Australians consumed subscription TV services at an astonishing rate during 2020 with 17.3 million Australians (82.1%) watching a subscription TV service in an average four week period.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
Oct 22, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Foxtel has chosen TiVo to provide natural language, voice-based search for its subscribers in Australia. The solution usess machine-learning to refine the experience.
News categories: TiVo, Foxtel, Michael Hawkey, Nick Dandy, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
OzTAM adds co-viewing to BVOD reporting
Sep 10, 2020 – OzTAM has introduced CTV co-viewing data to its VPM Report. The enhancement evolves the VPM service from a 1:1 people-to-device measure for BVOD to reflect that people often watch BVOD content together on a CTV.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Subscription TV soars during Australian lockdown
Jul 21, 2020 – New data from Roy Morgan reveals that Australians added new subscription TV services at an astonishing rate during the lockdown period, with subscriptions up 878,000, or +5.9%, in only three months.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
Jul 10, 2020 – Pay-TV service revenue in Australia is set to decline at a CAGR of 3.2% from $2.6bn in 2019 to $2.2bn in 2024 due to declining cable and DTH TV subscriptions and falling pay-TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Australia, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics