Digital TV News: Fransat
DOTSCREEN retains freenet TV HbbTV portal contract
Feb 10, 2021 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support and maintenance of the freenet TV HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN has maintained the portal for the last four years.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, HbbTV, UX
Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
Sep 13, 2019 – DOTSCREEN has announced its selection by Freesat as the developer of the operator's User Interface for its next HbbTV compliant set-top box. DOTSCREEN has already been working for Freenet TV in Germany and Fransat in France.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Freesat, Arris, Chandan Rajah, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
FRANSAT selects NEOTION CAMs for MDU distribution
Jun 9, 2015 – FRANSAT, the French free DTT satellite platform belonging to Eutelsat, has selected the latest NEOTION professional CAM range to support the transition in early 2016 to Full HD for viewers receiving the platform through a community installation.
News categories: NEOTION, FRANSAT, ANGA COM, CAM, Content Distribution, France, Satellite, Terrestrial
UK's Freesat now in 1.9 million households
May 11, 2015 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced a positive start to the year, including strong take-up of its connected TV service. Freesat is used in 1.9 million households, watched by four million viewers each week.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
Mar 23, 2015 – The FreeTV Alliance has announced the availability of the first of its suite of technical specifications. The Remote Control Specification provides a way for an operator's mobile application to control the viewing experience on the TV screen.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Freesat, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Matthew Huntington, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
European satellite TV operators launch FreeTV Alliance at IBC 2014
Sep 12, 2014 – Three leading European free-to-air satellite TV operators – Fransat, Freesat, and Tivùsat – have come together to form the FreeTV Alliance. The Alliance aims to promote the harmonisation of satellite TV services and technology across Europe.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Alberto Sigismondi, Digital TV, France, IBC, Italy, Satellite, UK
Eutelsat and partners to show HbbTV-based Push VOD at IBC
Sep 8, 2014 – Eutelsat, MStar Semiconductor, Aston and Quadrille have announced that they have combined their skills to implement and validate Push Video-On-Demand (VOD) services using the HbbTV v2.0 standard.
News categories: Eutelsat, MStar Semi, Aston, Quadrille, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FRANSAT and ASTON launch CI+ 1.3 CAM module
Sep 12, 2013 – The FRANSAT CI+ CAM module manufactured by ASTON under the name 'MINISAT ® HD Easy' allows reception of the French FRANSAT satellite service on a wide selection of televisions incorporating the CI+ 1.3 standard.
News categories: ASTON, FRANSAT, CAM, France, Satellite, Smart TV
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil