Digital TV News: Fujitsu
AR/VR headset demand expected to rebound in 2018
Mar 19, 2018 – Worldwide shipments for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) headsets will grow to 68.9 million units in 2022 with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.5%, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
Socionext sampling 4K media playback SoC
May 27, 2015 – Socionext has began sampling its new MN2WS03101A, a single-chip IC for 4K/p60, HEVC and VP9 playback with built-in HDMI-Tx/Rx. The new device is compatible with HEVC Main 10 profile, and supports new copyright protection, HDR and wide color gamut.
News categories: Socionext, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Socionext samples 4K/60p HEVC video encoder IC
Apr 3, 2015 – Socionext has started sampling the world's first HEVC/H.265-compatible encoder IC, the MB86M31, along with an evaluation board, the MB86M31-EVB, and the software development kit for drivers and applications. The new device is capable of real-time encoding of 4K/60p video.
News categories: Socionext, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Fujitsu and Panasonic SoC businesses become Socionext
Mar 2, 2015 – Socionext has announced the start of operations. The organization has completed the consolidation of the system LSI businesses of Fujitsu and Panasonic, and secured an investment from the Development Bank of Japan.
News categories: Socionext, Yasuo Nishiguchi, Amane Inoue, Europe, Japan, MandA, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
DLNA certifies first wave of products supporting 'Trick Modes'
Feb 3, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has certified the first wave of products from its members that support advanced fast-forward, re-wind and frame-by-frame playback capabilities which are now a mandatory feature of DLNA Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home
Fujitsu presents HEVC HD decoder SoC
Aug 26, 2014 – Fujitsu Semiconductor has introduced the newest addition to its Fujitsu H6x decoder series. The SoC supports HEVC (H.265) decoding in HD resolution for multimedia applications in in-car infotainment and home entertainment systems.
News categories: Fujitsu, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Leaders in digital home solutions collaborate with Linaro on ARM Linux platforms
May 29, 2014 – Linaro, the not-for-profit engineering organization developing open source software for the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) architecture, has announced the formation of the Linaro Digital Home Group (LHG).
News categories: Linaro, George Grey, Gaming, Gateway, Middleware, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle