Digital TV News: Fujitsu
AR/VR headset demand expected to rebound in 2018
Mar 19, 2018 – Worldwide shipments for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) headsets will grow to 68.9 million units in 2022 with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.5%, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
Socionext sampling 4K media playback SoC
May 27, 2015 – Socionext has began sampling its new MN2WS03101A, a single-chip IC for 4K/p60, HEVC and VP9 playback with built-in HDMI-Tx/Rx. The new device is compatible with HEVC Main 10 profile, and supports new copyright protection, HDR and wide color gamut.
News categories: Socionext, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Socionext samples 4K/60p HEVC video encoder IC
Apr 3, 2015 – Socionext has started sampling the world's first HEVC/H.265-compatible encoder IC, the MB86M31, along with an evaluation board, the MB86M31-EVB, and the software development kit for drivers and applications. The new device is capable of real-time encoding of 4K/60p video.
News categories: Socionext, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Fujitsu and Panasonic SoC businesses become Socionext
Mar 2, 2015 – Socionext has announced the start of operations. The organization has completed the consolidation of the system LSI businesses of Fujitsu and Panasonic, and secured an investment from the Development Bank of Japan.
News categories: Socionext, Yasuo Nishiguchi, Amane Inoue, Europe, Japan, MandA, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
DLNA certifies first wave of products supporting 'Trick Modes'
Feb 3, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has certified the first wave of products from its members that support advanced fast-forward, re-wind and frame-by-frame playback capabilities which are now a mandatory feature of DLNA Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home
Fujitsu presents HEVC HD decoder SoC
Aug 26, 2014 – Fujitsu Semiconductor has introduced the newest addition to its Fujitsu H6x decoder series. The SoC supports HEVC (H.265) decoding in HD resolution for multimedia applications in in-car infotainment and home entertainment systems.
News categories: Fujitsu, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Leaders in digital home solutions collaborate with Linaro on ARM Linux platforms
May 29, 2014 – Linaro, the not-for-profit engineering organization developing open source software for the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) architecture, has announced the formation of the Linaro Digital Home Group (LHG).
News categories: Linaro, George Grey, Gaming, Gateway, Middleware, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December