Digital TV News: Groupe CANAL+
Groupe Canal+ takes 6.5% stake in Multichoice
Oct 5, 2020 – MultiChoice has received formal notification that Groupe Canal+ has acquired ordinary shares of the Company. The Groupe Canal+ holding now amounts to 6.50% of the Company’s ordinary shares in issue.
News categories: MultiChoice, Groupe Canal+, Africa, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, South Africa
Médiamétrie now measuring myCANAL in 4-screen TV audience
Jul 17, 2018 – Médiamétrie now offers 4-screen TV audience measurement customers the option to view the performance of their programmes broadcast on myCANAL, CANAL+ Group’s OTT television distribution platform.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Groupe CANAL+, Julien Rosanvallon, Frank Cadoret, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Poland's nc+ has 2.3 million subscribers at end-June 2013
Aug 22, 2013 – TVN Group has announced financial results for the second quarter and the first half of 2013. nc+, the strategic associate of TVN, had 2.3 million post-paid subscribers at the end of June.
News categories: TVN Group, nc+, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Poland's UOKiK gives consent to ITI/CANAL+ satellite JV
Sep 14, 2012 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has approved the setting up of a satellite TV joint venture in the country by TVN and Vivendi. The deal will combine TVN's 'n' platform and Vivendi's Cyfra Plus.
News categories: UOKiK, Vivendi, TVN Group, MandA, Poland, Regulation, Satellite
TCL to launch TVs with integrated CANALPLAY VOD
Nov 4, 2009 – Le Groupe Canal+ (Paris:VIV) and TCL (Shenzhen:000100) have announced an agreement to launch televisions from Thomson with built-in direct access to CANALPLAY video-on-demand.
News categories: TCL Corp, CANAL+, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Charter agreed for the growth of mobile TV in France
Jan 15, 2008 – AB Groupe, Bolloré, Groupe Canal+, Lagardère, Groupe M6, Next Radio TV, NRJ Group and TF1 have signed a charter in which they commit themselves to the development of Télévision Mobile Personelle (TMP) in France.
News categories: Digital TV, France, Mobile
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022