Digital TV News: HDMI Forum
Many announcements of HDMI 2.1 products expected at CES2019
Jan 7, 2019 – The HDMI 2.1 Specification was released in November 2017 and manufacturers of several products including semiconductors, TVs, AVRs, soundbars, and game consoles have made announcements on upcoming releases supporting the specification.
News categories: HDMI LA, HDMI Forum, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2021, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Silicon Line demonstrates first active optical cables with HDMI 2.1 support
Jan 7, 2019 – At CES 2019, Silicon Line is demonstrating the world's first active optical cables with embedded technology supporting all features of the recently released HDMI 2.1 specification.
News categories: Silicon Line, Ruud van der Linden, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor
DSCC and Insight Media launch 8K TV report
Feb 12, 2018 – Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) and Insight Media have announce the launch of a report covering the latest developments in 8K TV technology. The report covers all aspects of the ecosystem required to make 8K a reality.
News categories: DSCC, Insight Media, Bob O’Brien, Chris Chinnock, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Shipments of HDMI products near 900 million units in 2017
Jan 8, 2018 – HDMI LA has reported that almost 1,800 licensed HDMI Adopters, representing a broad range of product categories, are expected to have shipped nearly 900 million HDMI-compliant products in 2017 for a total cumulative installed base approaching seven billion devices.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES2021, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
HDMI Forum releases Version 2.1 of the HDMI specification
Nov 28, 2017 – HDMI Forum has announced the release of Version 2.1 of the HDMI Specification. The latest specification supports a range of higher video resolutions and refresh rates including 8K60 and 4K120, and resolutions up to 10K. Dynamic HDR formats are also supported.
News categories: HDMI Forum, Robert Blanchard, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDMI Forum announces Version 2.1 HDMI specification
Jan 4, 2017 – HDMI Forum has announced the upcoming release of Version 2.1 of the HDMI Specification. This latest HDMI Specification supports a range of Higher Video Resolutions and refresh rates including 8K60 and 4K120, Dynamic HDR, and increased bandwidth with a new 48G cable.
News categories: HDMI Forum, Robert Blanchard, CES2021, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDMI Forum releases 2.0a specification
Apr 8, 2015 – HDMI Forum has announced the completion and release of Version 2.0a of the HDMI Specification. The specification has been updated to enable transmission of HDR formats, which provide enhanced picture quality.
News categories: HDMI Forum, Robert Blanchard, Arnold Brown, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sony launches world's first 4K Ultra HD video download service
Sep 4, 2013 – Sony has annopunced the launch of its Video Unlimited 4K service, the world's first and only 4K Ultra HD video download service, with access to an expanding library of native 4K Ultra HD feature films and TV shows.
News categories: Sony Corp, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement