Digital TV News: Harmonic Inc
One third of cable subscribers to be passed by DOCSIS 3.1 by April 2017
Jul 28, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) conducted in-depth interviews with cable operators across the globe that collectively control 87 percent of the world’s cable capex and found that 42 percent of them plan to deploy a distributed access architecture (DAA) by 2017.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
Cable broadband equipment market off to mixed start in 2015
Jun 10, 2015 – As MSOs continued major upgrades to their broadband networks, cable DOCSIS channel shipments grew to 1.8 million in the first quarter of 2015, a 14 percent sequential increase, and a gain of 48 percent from the year-ago first quarter, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Market Research, Worldwide
DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014
Feb 27, 2015 – Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) has reported that DOCSIS channel shipments rose to record levels in 2014 - up 114 percent to 4.8 million worldwide - as cable operators continue to improve their networks to offer services to customers at ever-higher speeds.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
ViXS and Harmonic demonstrate HEVC 1080i and hybrid AVC/HEVC MPEG-DASH streaming
Jan 5, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has teamed up with Harmonic at CES to demonstrate hybrid AVC/HEVC, MPEG-DASH technology - called HybridDASH. The companies will also demonstrate 1080i HEVC broadcast video delivery using SAFF standard syntax.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Harmonic Inc, Sally Daub, Thierry Fautier, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DOCSIS channel shipments up 95% YoY in 3Q 2014
Nov 24, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 3rd quarter 2014 (3Q14) CCAP, CMTS, and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report. Worldwide revenue for CCAP, CMTS, edge QAM, and CMC equipment totaled $445 million in 3Q14, an 8% sequential increase.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Market Research, Worldwide
Verimatrix to secure Wananchi OTT services
May 19, 2014 – Verimatrix has extended its partnership with the Wananchi Group to secure the revenues of Zuku TV across DTH satellite, digital cable and IP-over-GPON networks, and later this year via over-the-top video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Wananchi, Richard Alden, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Kenya, OTT
Octoshape demonstrates 4K end-to-end OTT/IPTV with Harmonic and AirTies
May 13, 2014 – Octoshape has announced an interoperability demonstration of 4k stream resolution delivered over the public Internet to consumer set-top boxes (STBs), with technology from Harmonic and AirTies Wireless Networks.
News categories: Octoshape, Harmonic, AirTies, Bulent Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Harmonic and Elemental tie for lead in multiscreen encoder market
Apr 23, 2014 – A recent Competitive Assessment by ABI Research, looking at the multiscreen encoder market, found a virtual tie between well-established Harmonic and rapidly growing start-up Elemental.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Denmark's TDC to deliver time-shift TV with Harmonic multiscreen solution
Mar 18, 2014 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TDC, Denmark’s principal telecom company, has deployed a multiscreen solution from Harmonic to deliver time-shift services with catch-up TV content through its YouSee and TDC brands.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, TDC, YouSee, Tom Eltzholtz, Thomas Henriksen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Mobile, Video Exchange
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025