Digital TV News: IMAGIN
Global shipments of AR/VR headsets declined sharply in 2022
Mar 8, 2023 – The pendulum for AR/VR headsets swung the other way through the course of 2022 as global shipments declined 20.9% year over year to 8.8 million units, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
Dec 1, 2022 – Imagine Communications has announced that Seven Network has selected its Landmark Sales ad management platform and GamePlan dynamic ad placement engine and yield optimizer for linear TV.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Seven West Media, Joe Khodeir, Kurt Burnette, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV
MediaTek releases Pentonic 1000 4K 120Hz Smart TV SoC
Nov 11, 2022 – MediaTek has launched the Pentonic 1000, its latest smart TV SoC designed for 4K 120Hz displays. Pentonic 1000 combines a multi-core CPU, dual-core GPU, dedicated AI processing unit and video decoding engines into a single chip.
News categories: MediaTek, Alex Chen, Mathias Bendull, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
Teradek launches protocol for lowest latency streaming over the internet
Sep 6, 2022 – Teradek has launched ART, a streaming protocol that delivers secure, ultra-low latency audio and video over the public internet. With latency clocking in at sub-100ms over a WAN, ART breaks new ground for ultra-fast live video delivery.
News categories: Teradek, Michael Gailing, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
DTS Play-Fi wireless audio launching on Vestel and Philips TVs
Aug 31, 2022 – At IFA, attendees will be able to see Vestel's first DTS Play-Fi enabled TVs. In addition, DTS Play-Fi Home Theater for TVs is coming to Philips’ OLED+937, OLED807, and PUS8807 'The One' TV lines.
News categories: DTS, Dannie Lau, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart Home, Smart TV
Replay introduces Rewarded TV blockchain OTT streaming service
May 5, 2022 – Replay has announced the alpha launch of Rewarded TV. Rewarded TV is a blockchain-enabled OTT streaming service enabling viewers to earn crypto in real-time for watching, sharing and engaging with their favorite content, without ads or subscriptions.
News categories: Imagine Replay, Rewarded TV, Krish Arvapally, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Sinclair and USSI Global to pilot ATSC 3.0 datacasting service
Apr 14, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and USSI Global have announced that they will partner to offer the nation’s first commercial datacasting service using the NextGen Broadcast standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, USSI Global, Chris Ripley, Anthony Morelli, Advertising, ATSC 3, Broadband, USA
MediaTek TV SoC supports Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail
Mar 23, 2022 – MediaTek has announced that it is the first TV SoC vendor to support Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail. Precision Detail is a feature for TVs with Dolby Vision IQ, revealing detail in both bright and dark areas.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Alex Chen, Mathias Bendull, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Realtek launches image compression DTV SoC with Imagination
Mar 10, 2022 – Imagination Technologies has announced that its IMG B-Series BXE-4-32 GPU, with IMGIC image compression technology, has been integrated into Realtek's latest SoC, RTD2885N, and is currently shipping into significant digital television brands.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, Realtek, Maxwell Lin, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update