Digital TV News: IQIYI
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global SVOD subscriptions to reach 1.6 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 491 million between 2021 and 2026 to reach 1.64 billion. China and the US will then together account for 49% of the total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Nearly 700 million SVOD subscribers for Asia Pacific in 2026
Sep 9, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific region will have 698 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from 502 million at end-2021. China will be providing 354 million of the subscriptions in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
YouTube, Line TV and Yahoo TV lead online video consumption in Taiwan
Aug 30, 2021 – Streaming minutes in Taiwan measured across AVOD, SVOD and live streaming platforms increased to ~53 billion in Q2 2021, representing a ~2.3 billion net quarterly growth in minutes, according to Media Partners Asia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Adrian Tong, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Taiwan
CSG powers TV experiences at Maxis in Malaysia
Jun 30, 2021 – CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) has expanded its relationship with Maxis. CSG enabled the launch of Maxis TV 2.0, and is poised to help drive future growth of Maxis' services through the launch of new experiences.
News categories: CSG, Maxis, Ian Watterson, Gokhan Ogut, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming, UX
Premium video captures 10% of video streaming minutes in SE Asia
May 18, 2021 – Premium video platforms, led by Netflix, Viu, WeTV, iQIYI and Vidio, captured 10% of total video streaming minutes in Q1 2021, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Analyst Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Cinemo and iQIYI bring online video entertainment to cars
Mar 29, 2021 – Cinemo has announced a collaboration with iQIYI to deliver premium VOD content to the car. iQIYI has worked with Cinemo to enhance in-car entertainment on Faurecia Xiamen IVI platforms, powering FAW Hongqi sedans.
News categories: Cinemo, iQIYI, Charly Lippoth, China, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming
Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
Mar 1, 2021 – Korean, US and local content form the core of online video content consumption across Southeast Asia, according to Media Partners Asia. Korean content demand is strongest in Singapore and Indonesia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Asia Pacific online video to reach $55 billion by 2025
Jan 11, 2021 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has reported that the Asia Pacific online video industry grew revenue by 14% Y/Y in 2020 to reach US$30.5 billion. SVOD overtook AVOD to contribute 53% of total revenues; AVOD contributed 47%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia