Digital TV News: Insight TV
A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
Dec 3, 2019 – A1 Bulgaria has launched A1 Xplore TV, an advanced turnkey TV solution powered by Zappware. A1 Xplore TV users will be able to find content through Zappware's Nexx 4.0 user experience, and enjoy their favorite content on web and app with A1 Xplore TV GO.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Bulgaria, Patrick Vos, Simeon Donev, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
Nov 6, 2019 – Wurl has made an agreement to deliver programming and advertising to Samsung's TV Plus streaming service in Europe. The Wurl Network currently delivers 125 live, linear and VOD channels to more than 50 million viewers in the U.S.
News categories: Wurl, Samsung, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV
Sunrise TV neo OTT service launched in Switzerland
May 9, 2019 – Sunrise has launched Sunrise TV neo. The service is accessible using apps for Apple TV, iOS and Android devices, as well as via a web browser. Sunrise TV neo offers TV streaming, cloud recordings, ComeBack TV, and a download feature for mobile devices.
News categories: Sunrise, Olaf Swantee, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
INSIGHT TV joins Amazon Channels line-up in UK and Germany
Oct 16, 2017 – INSIGHT TV has announced a distribution deal with Amazon as part of its new Amazon Channels service. The deal sees INSIGHT TV deliver its popular HD SVOD and linear TV services to Amazon Prime members in the UK and Germany.
News categories: INSIGHT TV, Amazon, Natalie Boot, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UK
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
Jul 24, 2017 – With an additional nine TV operators joining SES’s Ultra HD trials, a total of 30 US Pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES’s 4K content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Corda, Jonathan Bullock, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Cable’s first live PPV sports event in Ultra HD delivered by iN DEMAND with SES
Jun 29, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced the successful delivery of iN DEMAND and cable’s first 4K live Pay-Per-View (PPV) sports event broadcast, Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs Silva Mixed Martial Arts, over the SES Ultra HD distribution platform.
News categories: SES, iN DEMAND, Steve Corda, John Schultz, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, USA
U.S. MVPDs launch first linear consumer Ultra HD services with SES
Apr 24, 2017 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that two MVPDs in the US have launched the first commercial linear Ultra HD services to cable and IPTV subscriber homes using SES’s satellite-delivered, pre-packaged, Ultra HD solution.
News categories: SES S.A, Vivicast, Highlands Cable, Marquette-Adams, Steve Corda, Stuart Smitherman, Nin Bond, Jerry Schneider, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
NeuLion and Insight TV form Ultra HD entertainment partnership
Dec 22, 2016 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced a partnership with global Ultra HD channel INsight TV, to launch an OTT Ultra HD Entertainment platform with native Ultra HD digital content powered by the NeuLion Digital Platform.
News categories: NeuLion, Insight TV, Roy Reichbach, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV