Digital TV News: Ittiam Systems
Ittiam HEVC codec available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder
Apr 9, 2018 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has licensed its i265 HEVC Codec to Microsoft Azure to enable video encoding services. Ittiam’s i265 HEVC Codec will be available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Microsoft Azure, Dirk Peters, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Ittiam accelerates VP9 encoder with Netflix and Google
Mar 31, 2017 – Ittiam has announced completion of a project to enhance the encoding speed of the VP9 encoder. The performance-optimized version is now publicly available as part of the royalty-free, open-source distribution of VP9.
News categories: Ittiam, Netflix, Google, Mukund Srinivasan, David Ronca, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
Oct 29, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has worked over the last several months to bring native HEVC Decode to Android, by way of the standard’s inclusion in the Android Media Framework, within Android 5.0, Lollipop.
News categories: Ittiam, Srini Rajam, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Ittiam makes available H.265/HEVC codec with 422 12-bit support
Aug 13, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announced the addition of 422 12-bit support to its Pristine Quality H.265/HEVC Main 10 encoder SDK making it one of the industry’s first commercially licensable encoders with range extension.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, Shantanu Jha, Digital TV, IBC2020, Software, Worldwide
Ittiam to demo HEVC/H.265 software products at NAB’14
Apr 3, 2014 – Ittiam Systems will be showcasing the latest generations of its H.265/HEVC software Encoder and Decoder SDKs at NAB 2014.
News categories: Ittiam, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, Shantanu Jha, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Ittiam H.265 and VP9 solutions on show at CES2014
Jan 2, 2014 – Ittiam Systems has announces the availability of highly-optimized H.265 and VP9 software decoder solutions at CES 2014, balancing compute and energy efficiencies.
News categories: Ittiam, Mukund Srinivasan, CES2020, Media Player, Semiconductor
Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors License Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Jun 2, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Ittiam and NXP Semiconductors have licensed the Sorenson Spark decoder to enable Internet video on consumer electronic devices, including mobile phones, mobile computing devices, set-top boxes and connected TVs.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Ittiam, NXP, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region