Digital TV News: Kbro
HBO Go adds four distribution partners in Taiwan
May 5, 2020 – WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks & Sales has secured another four partners in Taiwan for the distribution of HBO GO. Its regional streaming service is now available to subscribers of Kbro, TWM Broadband, CABLE GIANT CATV and Pingnan CATV.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Clement Schwebig, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, Taiwan
NAGRA extends content protection partnership with kbro in Taiwan
Jan 30, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its content protection partnership with kbro, Taiwan’s number one cable operator, to include the service provider’s new 4K Ultra HD service delivered over a hybrid cable and OTT network.
News categories: NAGRA, kbro, Stéphane Le Dréau, Alex Hsieh, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
Dec 18, 2018 – Taiwan's Kbro has selected Alticast’s AltiPlatform as the middleware to integrate its existing service infrastructure with Android TV. The upgrade will combine the operator’s traditional cable services with numerous OTT options.
News categories: Alticast, Kbro, Dosa Park, Chipin Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UX
Kudelski Group announces its 2015 annual results
Feb 18, 2016 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2015 annual results. In 2015, the Group strengthened its position in the TV market with a series of new contracts and deployments.
News categories: NAGRA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics chips selected by MitraStar for Kbro set-top boxes
Nov 5, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that MitraStar Technology has selected ST’s STiH273 system-on-chip to produce set-top boxes (STBs) for Kbro Broadband, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MitraStar, Kbro, Herve Mathieu, Chiang-lin Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Espial MediaBase Powers VOD Services for Taiwan's Largest CATV Operator
Oct 9, 2012 – Espial has announced the installation of the Espial MediaBase on-demand video platform at KBRO, one of Taiwan's largest cable television operators. Espial MediaBase will be installed and integrated at KBRO by Hwacom.
News categories: Espial, KBRO, Hwacom, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Taiwan
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Nagravision Selected By Taiwan's HYA For Digital Cable TV
Oct 18, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it was selected to secure the roll-out of advanced digital services for Hsin Yeong An Cable TV (HYA), the largest independent cable television operator in Taiwan with more than 200,000 subscriber households.
News categories: Nagravision, Hsin Yeong An, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
Taiwan - kbro selects Nagravision as exclusive CA vendor
Dec 18, 2008 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has been chosen by kbro, Taiwan's leading cable multiple system operator (MSO), as the exclusive conditional access (CAS) vendor for its new broadcasting system. The companies have signed a five-year exclusive contract.
News categories: Nagravision, kbro, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Taiwan
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework