Digital TV News: LG Dacom
IPTV poised to transform Korea's TV entertainment
Jan 19, 2009 – Three firms (KT, LG Dacom and SK Broadband) are licensed to provide IPTV services in Korea. All are making extensive investments in the business over the next five years with real-time broadcasts having begun on January 1, 2009.
News categories: LG Dacom, SK Broadband, KT, IPTV, Korea
Korea - KT, LG Dacom and Hanaro Telecom Granted IPTV Service Rights
Sep 8, 2008 – Korea's three leading communication service providers (KT, LG Dacom and Hanaro Telecom) have won the right to provide IPTV services. Commercial IPTV services are expected to begin next month.
News categories: Korea Communications Commission, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Regulation
Korea - LG Dacom to join free IPTV market
Dec 11, 2007 – LG Dacom unveiled 'myLGtv', its new free IPTV service to join the competition in the Triple Play Service (high-speed Internet + telephone+ broadcasting) market.
News categories: LG Dacom, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea
LG Dacom Selects Alticast as Middleware Vendor IPTV Services
Mar 19, 2007 – LG Dacom recently announced its final selections for solution vendors for its IPTV digital media center.
News categories: Alticast, LG Dacom, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
KT, C-CUBE Consortium Successfully Complete IPTV Trial Supported By NDS
Jan 19, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that KT and the C-Cube consortium, having selected NDS' market leading content protection solutions, have successfully completed one of the first IPTV trials in South Korea.
News categories: NDS Group, KT, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Korea
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households