Digital TV News: Linux Foundation
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MandA, Smart Home, Worldwide
LiMo Foundation and Linux Foundation Announce New Open Source Software Platform, Tizen™
Sep 28, 2011 – LiMo Foundation™ and The Linux Foundation have announced a new open source project, Tizen™. Tizen is a software platform which supports multiple device categories including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, netbooks and in-vehicle infotainment systems.
News categories: Linux Foundation, LiMo Foundation, Tizen, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
Amino showcases leading-edge MeeGo development work in Intel Developer Forum keynote
Sep 14, 2010 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) has highlighted its leading- edge development work with the MeeGo project and the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100 in a keynote speech at Intel Developers Forum.
News categories: Amino, Intel Corp, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Intel Opens Software App Store, Offers New Intel Atom Chips
Sep 14, 2010 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) outlined its forthcoming Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200, the next-generation CE SoC that enables 3-D-TV video, 'sync-and-go,' and power-saving capabilities for a 'smart TV' experience.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Telecom Italia and Intel announce collaboration for next-generation online TV and internet services
Mar 5, 2010 – Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have announced a collaboration to distribute next-generation online internet and TV services via the open source MeeGo software platform.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026