Digital TV News: Linux Foundation
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MandA, Smart Home, Worldwide
LiMo Foundation and Linux Foundation Announce New Open Source Software Platform, Tizen™
Sep 28, 2011 – LiMo Foundation™ and The Linux Foundation have announced a new open source project, Tizen™. Tizen is a software platform which supports multiple device categories including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, netbooks and in-vehicle infotainment systems.
News categories: Linux Foundation, LiMo Foundation, Tizen, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Mobile, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
Amino showcases leading-edge MeeGo development work in Intel Developer Forum keynote
Sep 14, 2010 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) has highlighted its leading- edge development work with the MeeGo project and the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100 in a keynote speech at Intel Developers Forum.
News categories: Amino, Intel Corp, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Intel Opens Software App Store, Offers New Intel Atom Chips
Sep 14, 2010 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) outlined its forthcoming Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200, the next-generation CE SoC that enables 3-D-TV video, 'sync-and-go,' and power-saving capabilities for a 'smart TV' experience.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Telecom Italia and Intel announce collaboration for next-generation online TV and internet services
Mar 5, 2010 – Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have announced a collaboration to distribute next-generation online internet and TV services via the open source MeeGo software platform.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, Semiconductor, Streaming
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom