Digital TV News: Lockheed Martin
Arabsat 6A successfully launched
Apr 12, 2019 – Arabsat 6A has been successfully launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida on a Falcon-Heavy rocket. The satellite, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, is to be placed in the exclusive orbit of Arabsat at 30.5 degrees East.
News categories: Arabsat, Khaled bin Ahmed Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Ariane 5 ECA rocket orbits JCSAT-13 and VINASAT-2
May 15, 2012 – Arianespace has announced that it has successfully launched a direct broadcast and a communications satellite: JCSAT-13 for Japanese operator SKY Perfect JSAT and VINASAT-2 for the operator Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT).
News categories: Arianespace, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Japan, Satellite, Vietnam
BSAT-3b Satellite Begins Service for Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation of Japan
Dec 8, 2010 – The BSAT-3b broadcasting satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) B-SAT of Japan, is now operational following successful on-orbit deployment and checkout of all spacecraft systems.
News categories: B-SAT, Lockheed Martin, Japan, Satellite
SES Delivers Growth From Strong First Quarter Operational Performance
Apr 23, 2009 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has reported financial performance for the three months to 31 March 2009. High definition TV services continued to proliferate; the group now carries a total of 136 HDTV programmes - 67 in the U.S. and 69 in Europe.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, Results, Satellite
ICO Launches New Era in Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2008 – ICO Global Communications (NASDAQ:ICOG) has announced that it has launched its North American geosynchronous satellite, ICO G1. ICO will use it to conduct alpha trials of its DVB-SH mobile video service (ICO mim™) later this year.
News categories: ICO Global, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, NABShow, Satellite, USA
SIRIUS 4 Satellite Successfully Launched
Nov 18, 2007 – SIRIUS 4 will be located at 5° East, SIRIUS' orbital position for delivering broadcast and broadband services across Europe, and will also transmit HDTV channels. SIRIUS 4 will also carry an African beam which will be marketed by SES ASTRA.
News categories: SES SIRIUS, ILS, Lockheed Martin, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Lockheed Martin Marks 33rd Consecutive A2100 Success With The Launch Of BSAT-3a Satellite
Aug 14, 2007 – The BSAT-3a telecommunications satellite, designed and built by Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] for the Broadcasting Satellite System Corporation (B-SAT), was successfully has been launched from Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand