Digital TV News: MCTV
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, USA
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Ohio's MCTV offers Netflix access via its FUSION STB
Dec 7, 2017 – MCTV, a broadband, TV and phone provider in Northeast Ohio, has announced the integration of Netflix on its FUSION Multi-Room HD-DVR platform. The integration allows customers to watch Netflix directly from their FUSION box.
News categories: MCTV, Netflix, Espial, Robert Gessner, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
MCTV launches IPTV services with Espial
Oct 17, 2017 – Espial has announced that MCTV (formerly Massillon Cable TV), a service provider delivering TV services to five counties in northeast Ohio, has launched a next-generation IPTV service with the Espial Elevate software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform.
News categories: Espial, MCTV, Matt James, Robert Gessner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
MCTV selects Amino TV devices and service assurance platform
May 31, 2016 – Amino Communications has secured a contract to provide TV devices and its Engage service assurance software to Ohio-based North American service provider MCTV.
News categories: Amino Communications, MCTV, Donald McGarva, Bob Gessner, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Barbados' Multi-Choice TV Selects Conax for Secure Roll-Out of Digital TV Services
Jan 26, 2012 – Conax has announced that it has been chosen by Multi-Choice TV of Barbados to secure their roll out of digital TV services. In addition to the new Multi-Choice TV contract, Conax has secured 2 new contracts in the region in the last few months.
News categories: Conax, Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation, Barbados, Caribbean, Content Protection, Digital TV, MMDS
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers