Digital TV News: Magine TV
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MandA, Regulation, Switzerland
SERAPHIC and Foxxum working together to upgrade TV UI experience
Sep 15, 2017 – At IBC2017, SERAPHIC has teamed up with Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum to demonstrate a new white-label product. 'Foxxum TV' is a unified TV UI solution, based on SERAPHIC’s HTML5 browser engine, which supports both basic and Smart TV features.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Foxxum, Ye Wang, Ronny Lutzi, Digital TV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Netgem to offer secure multiscreen IPTV/OTT to Germany, Austria and Switzerland with Verimatrix
Jun 7, 2016 – Netgem has announced a collaboration with Verimatrix to launch a TV platform in the DACH Region. The solution is designed to offer the German speaking TV market a leading multiscreen OTT broadcast service.
News categories: Netgem, Verimatrix, Joseph Haddad, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Austria, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, Switzerland
Magine to offer stand-alone pay TV packages in Germany
Feb 18, 2016 – Magine TV has announced that from Thursday 18th February 2016 it is to provide premium pay TV channels in Germany for the first time without any requirement to purchase any other content or service.
News categories: Magine TV, Ambuj Goyal, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Magine TV announces full launch in Germany
Apr 25, 2014 – Magine TV, the cloud-based TV service, has closed its beta platform and launched commercially in Germany. With over 60 national and international channels available Magine TV offers an online alternative to traditional free-to-air television.
News categories: Magine TV, Kamal Bherwani, Mattias Hjelmstedt, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers