Digital TV News: Magnum Semi
H.264 Decoder IC Market to Grow 20% Annually Through 2013
Nov 11, 2010 – H.264 decoders are beginning to appear in many solutions and the compression scheme is becoming more popular. As a result In-Stat expects H.264 decoder ICs to grow at an annual rate in excess of 20% through 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG Video SoC Market Riding Along with the Consumer Electronics Market
Aug 31, 2010 – Growth in shipments of various video products in the consumer electronics market, even in a year with economic uncertainty like 2009, helped the MPEG video SoC market reach over 650 million units in 2009, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Magnum Semiconductor brings Any Content Anywhere Streaming to Marusys Set-Top Boxes
Apr 10, 2010 – Magnum Semiconductor and Marusys have announced that Marusys is using Magnum's DX6225 transcoder in its latest DVB-S/S2 HD PVR receiver set-top boxes with HD recording and the ability to stream content over WiFi to the Apple® iPhone®.
News categories: Magnum Semi, Marusys, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Mobile, Placeshifting, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Shipments of Network-Enabled Blu-Ray Players/Recorders will approach 80 million units by 2013
Apr 7, 2010 – Price drops of Blu-ray players in North America drove unit shipments to triple in 2009 compared to 2008, reports In-Stat. Worldwide, shipments of Blu-ray players and recorders will grow to nearly 80 million units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Streaming
Blu-ray Chips Overtake Standard DVD Chips in 2009
Feb 10, 2010 – The transition from DVD to Blu-ray is creating a substantial opportunity for Blu-ray semiconductor companies, reports In-Stat. Blu-ray player semiconductor content overtook DVD player semi content for the first time in 2009.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Blu-Ray and Network Connectivity Finally Start Encroaching on DVD in Disc Player/Recorder Market
Jan 25, 2010 – High-volume shipments of Blu-ray players, most of which feature network connectivity, are finally making inroads into the broader disc player and recorder market, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor, Streaming
TDVision Systems to Showcase the Entire Full HD Stereoscopic Ecosystem
Jan 7, 2010 – TDVision Systems has announced that they will showcase their full HD 3D Ecosystem implementation. 2010 CES Show will accent TDVision's maturity in the 3D space for the complete 3D Ecosystem from acquisition to visualization.
News categories: TDVision, CES2023, Content Distribution, Metaverse
Magnum Semiconductor Enables Top Quality Mobile Encoding, Re-Encoding and Transcoding
Sep 7, 2009 – Magnum Semiconductor will be demonstrating support for broadcast-to-mobile encoding, re-encoding and transcoding on its scalable multi-standard DXTPro platforms at the IBC 2009 show in Amsterdam.
News categories: Magnum Semi, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Mobile, Semiconductor
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated