Digital TV News: MainStreaming
DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
Sep 16, 2023 – MainStreaming has announced the continued expansion of the DAZN Edge platform in DAZN’s core European markets. DAZN Edge is built with MainStreaming's proprietary Video Edge technology.
News categories: MainStreaming, DAZN, Antonio Corrado, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
Mar 22, 2023 – Bitmovin and MainStreaming have partnered to integrate Bitmovin’s Live and VOD Encoder, Player, and Analytics solutions with MainStreaming's CMS and global media delivery network.
News categories: Bitmovin, MainStreaming, Dave Rushton, Antonio G. Corrado, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
Jun 17, 2021 – Globecast has partnered with Viaccess-Orca (VO) and MainStreaming to provide an end-to-end OTT platform, app and associated backend infrastructure, to help customers with their ongoing digital transformation.
News categories: Globecast, MainStreaming, Viaccess-Orca, Alessandro Alquati, Antonio Corrado, Philippe Leonetti, Apps, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases new technical specifications
Dec 22, 2020 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that two technical specifications are now available - the Open Caching Performance Measurement Specification and the Securing Streaming Video Specification.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Content Protection, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
May 15, 2019 – MainStreaming has announced it has secured $6 million in a new round of funding, bringing its total raised to over $10 million. This round was led by Indaco Venture Partners SGR, together with Sony Innovation Fund and existing investor, United Ventures.
News categories: MainStreaming, Indaco, Sony Innovation Fund, Antonio Corrado, Alvise Bonivento, Gen Tsuchikawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Tru Optik connects Kantar Millward Brown data to OTT platform
Jan 31, 2017 – Tru Optik has expanded its capabilities through a partnership with Kantar Millward Brown. The partnership will enable advertisers to attribute brand sales to OTT ad campaigns through Tru Optik’s OTT Marketing Cloud.
News categories: Tru Optik, Kantar Millward Brown, Andre Swanston, David Wiesenfeld, Ken Greenberg, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
French SVOD usage up 25% in 8 months
Oct 14, 2016 – According to Médiamétrie's SVOD Barometer, 15% of French web users pay for Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services. This is a 25% increase compared to the previous barometer conducted eight months previously.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Streaming
OKI completes IPv6-based 4K video distribution trial
Mar 21, 2013 – OKI (TOKYO:6703) recently concluded successful trials based on the OKI MediaServer video distribution system as part of efforts to promote ITU-T IPTV Standards. These trials involved the distribution of 4K video content based on state-of-the-art IPTV technologies.
News categories: Oki Electric, Content Distribution, IPTV
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond