Digital TV News: Media Networks
TVision concludes $16m investment round led by iSpot
Nov 15, 2022 – TVision has closed an investment round of $16m for the continued transformation and modernization of its person-level panel measurement. The round was led by iSpot along with continued support from SIG Capital, Accomplice, and Golden Ventures.
News categories: TVision, iSpot, Yan Liu, Sean Muller, Sean Cunningham, Kelly Abcarian, Andrea Zapata, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
Novelsat Introduces BISS-CA content protection for distribution & contribution networks
Aug 29, 2022 – NOVELSAT has announced a BISS-CA content protection solution for distribution and contribution networks. NOVELSAT Ncrypt enables the addition of conditional access encryption to any broadcast network.
News categories: NOVELSAT, Aviv Ronai, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Goldman Sachs to put $325 million into iSpot.tv
Apr 27, 2022 – iSpot.tv has signed an agreement with funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management for a $325 million investment. iSpot, which has raised $58 million since being founded in April 2012, now generates over $100 million in annual recurring revenues.
News categories: iSpot.tv, Goldman Sachs, Sean Muller, Leonard Seevers, Joon Park, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
Chile's Entel extends DTH pay TV service agreement with Hispasat
Apr 20, 2022 – Hispasat and Entel have agreed the extension of their DTH managed service agreement for Chile. Hispasat's service includes receiving, processing and broadcasting channels, satellite capacity, as well as the EPG service and CA.
News categories: Hispasat, Entel, Ignacio Sanchis, Daniel Rios, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
EDO secures $80m investment from Shamrock Capital
Apr 6, 2022 – EDO has announced the closing of an $80 million strategic growth investment from Shamrock Capital. The investment provides EDO with capital to scale its business in outcome measurement for Convergent TV.
News categories: EDO, Inc, Shamrock Capital, Edward Norton, Kevin Krim, Dr. Daniel Nadler, Laura Held, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
HISPASAT and NAGRA to launch wholesale OTT service in Latin America
Mar 9, 2022 – HISPASAT has made an agreement with NAGRA to develop a wholesale OTT TV solution. The service will enable pay TV operators, ISPs and regional content companies to offer multiscreen entertainment without having to roll out their own infrastructure.
News categories: Nagra, Hispasat, Nancy Goldberg, Javier Izquierdo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latin America, Middleware, Satellite, Streaming, UX
STARZPLAY International subscribers grew 98% in 2021
Feb 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported third quarter (to December 31, 2021) results. Global streaming subscribers increased 44% Y-o-Y to 19.7 million. STARZPLAY International subscribers grew 98% Y-o-Y to 8.5 million driven by OTT subscriber growth.
News categories: Lionsgate, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
Jan 25, 2022 – Bitcentral, a provider of media workflows for broadcast and digital video, has announced that it has acquired Powr.tv, a D2C video publishing solution provider. Bitcentral will integrate its FUEL platform with Powr.tv.
News categories: Bitcentral, Powr.tv, Steve Petilli, Akshay Arvapally, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange