Digital TV News: Media Networks
Goldman Sachs to put $325 million into iSpot.tv
Apr 27, 2022 – iSpot.tv has signed an agreement with funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management for a $325 million investment. iSpot, which has raised $58 million since being founded in April 2012, now generates over $100 million in annual recurring revenues.
News categories: iSpot.tv, Goldman Sachs, Sean Muller, Leonard Seevers, Joon Park, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
Chile's Entel extends DTH pay TV service agreement with Hispasat
Apr 20, 2022 – Hispasat and Entel have agreed the extension of their DTH managed service agreement for Chile. Hispasat's service includes receiving, processing and broadcasting channels, satellite capacity, as well as the EPG service and CA.
News categories: Hispasat, Entel, Ignacio Sanchis, Daniel Rios, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
EDO secures $80m investment from Shamrock Capital
Apr 6, 2022 – EDO has announced the closing of an $80 million strategic growth investment from Shamrock Capital. The investment provides EDO with capital to scale its business in outcome measurement for Convergent TV.
News categories: EDO, Inc, Shamrock Capital, Edward Norton, Kevin Krim, Dr. Daniel Nadler, Laura Held, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital
HISPASAT and NAGRA to launch wholesale OTT service in Latin America
Mar 9, 2022 – HISPASAT has made an agreement with NAGRA to develop a wholesale OTT TV solution. The service will enable pay TV operators, ISPs and regional content companies to offer multiscreen entertainment without having to roll out their own infrastructure.
News categories: Nagra, Hispasat, Nancy Goldberg, Javier Izquierdo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latin America, Middleware, Satellite, Streaming, UX
STARZPLAY International subscribers grew 98% in 2021
Feb 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported third quarter (to December 31, 2021) results. Global streaming subscribers increased 44% Y-o-Y to 19.7 million. STARZPLAY International subscribers grew 98% Y-o-Y to 8.5 million driven by OTT subscriber growth.
News categories: Lionsgate, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
Jan 25, 2022 – Bitcentral, a provider of media workflows for broadcast and digital video, has announced that it has acquired Powr.tv, a D2C video publishing solution provider. Bitcentral will integrate its FUEL platform with Powr.tv.
News categories: Bitcentral, Powr.tv, Steve Petilli, Akshay Arvapally, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
Jan 13, 2022 – NBCUniversal has announced a deal with iSpot.tv that will make the real-time measurement company one of its preferred partners for quantifying and unifying cross-screen media consumption, reach and impressions across its One Platform.
News categories: iSpot.tv, NBCUniversal, Publicis, Sean Muller, Kelly Abcarian, Krishan Bhatia, John Muszynski, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
VIZIO announces first certified OAR technology partners
Jul 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that LTN, Beachfront, FreeWheel, INVIDI, Google, Adcuratio and Extreme Reach are compliant with Open Addressable Ready (OAR) specifications and are certified to enable OAR campaigns.
News categories: VIZIO, Zeev Neumeier, Malik Khan, Ben Abbatiello, Stefan Maris, Bruce Anderson, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
May 5, 2021 – Beachfront has completed an addressable TV ad execution with VIZIO adhering to the technical specifications of Open Addressable Ready (OAR). The execution used Beachfront’s Unified Decisioning product.
News categories: Beachfront, VIZIO, Frank Sinton, Adam Gaynor, Dan Callahan, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data