Digital TV News: MeeGo
Vidiactive and Amino partner to provide social 'sharing' multi-screen, anytime, web-video viewing
Sep 5, 2011 – Amino (LSE: AMO) is to embed Vidiactive's VideoBee service into its Freedom Media Centre - adding new social 'sharing' multi-screen, anytime, web viewing functionality to the platform.
News categories: Amino, Vidiactive, IBC, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Amino secures further order to support Telecom Italia's Cubovison rollout
Mar 28, 2011 – Amino (AIM:AMO) has secured a follow-on order to provide its hybrid/OTT technology to support Telecom Italia's (Milan:TIT) deployment of its Cubovision all-in-one multimedia broadband service.
News categories: Amino, Telecom Italia, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
Amino Jump starts IP&TV World Forum 2011 with new OTT media centre launch
Mar 14, 2011 – Amino (LSE AIM: AMO) will showcase its award-winning OTT and IPTV solutions at IPTV World Forum 2011 - giving a European debut to its Freedom Jump OTT media centre with new 3D capability.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Gemtek Licenses Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft® PlayReady® Support
Feb 16, 2011 – Discretix has announced that Gemtek Technology has licensed its Multi-Scheme DRM Client with Microsoft PlayReady® support for Android based pocket-size smart TV box.
News categories: Discretix, Gemtek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, MWC21, OTT, Set Top Box
Content protection on HTC's Android Devices, powered by Discretix
Feb 13, 2011 – Discretix has announced that HTC (Taipei:2498) has extended its Discretix Multi-Scheme DRM license, to include support for Microsoft PlayReady® DRM technology on Android smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Discretix, HTC Corp, Content Protection, Mobile, MWC21, OTT
Amino Launches New Companion Set-top Box at CES 2011
Jan 5, 2011 – Amino Communications (LSE AIM: AMO) is to launch a new 'companion' set-top box at CES 2011 aimed at network operators seeking to add OTT ('Over the Top') functionality to their established pay-TV and broadcast offerings.
News categories: Amino, CES, OTT, Set Top Box
Fuugo Enables Easier TV and Video Consumption on Mobile and Portable Devices
Jan 3, 2011 – Axel Technologies will launch the online video version of Fuugo at the Consumer Electronics Show 2011. Fuugo™ is the world's first TV and video application for personalizing video content from Internet, mobile and broadcast TV.
News categories: Axel Technologies, Fuugo, CES, Mobile, OTT, Social TV
Bluestreak Technology and Amino Team to Deliver Interactive Television Solutions to IPTV and Cable Operators
Nov 9, 2010 – Bluestreak Technology and Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) have announced from TelcoTV 2010 that they have partnered to provide new interactive television solutions to IPTV and to cable operators.
News categories: Bluestreak, Amino, Cable TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026