Digital TV News: Minerva Networks
Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
Aug 3, 2020 – Minerva Networks has announced that Skymedia in Mongolia is upgrading its pay TV platform to Minerva 10. The offering will provide discovery, navigation and consumption experiences on both legacy STBs and new devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Skymedia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mongolia, Set Top Box, UX
WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
Feb 6, 2020 – Minerva Networks and Com Net Inc (CNI) have approved WISI for customer installations within their cloud video service Minerva YourTV Now. WISI’s Inca ABR transcoder provides telco and cable operators with cost and space savings.
News categories: Com Net Inc, WISI, Minerva Networks, Randy Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
Nov 21, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that Dhiraagu will use the Minerva 10 platform to power its TV services in the Maldives. The Minerva platform brings improvements to the UX, adds new services and enables viewing on mobile and streaming media devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Dhiraagu, Marco Bonomi, Mahmoud Dasser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, The Maldives, UX
Minerva acquires Live TV social platform, TOK.tv
Sep 3, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced the acquisition of TOK.tv. TOK.tv, whose mission is to allow people to 'never watch sports alone', enables millions of soccer fans to enjoy their favorite games while interacting with friends.
News categories: Minerva Networks, TOK.tv, Mauro Bonomi, Fabrizio Capobianco, Digital TV, MnA, Social TV, Worldwide
GO Malta deploys Minerva 10 service management platform
Jul 26, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that GO Malta has deployed its Minerva 10 solution to power next-generation video services. The new offering delivers an advanced user experience on both GO’s legacy set-top boxes and consumer devices.
News categories: Minerva, GO Malta, Todd Clayton, Chris Attard, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Middleware, Set Top Box
MX1 and Minerva Networks offer turnkey OTT video infrastructure
Apr 9, 2019 – MX1 has partnered with Minerva Networks to offer turnkey, subscription-based and ad-funded OTT video services. The integration of Minerva's platform with MX1's content management and delivery infrastructure enables the launch of scalable OTT video services quickly and cost effectively.
News categories: MX1, Minerva Networks, Daniel Kiessling, Mauro Bonomi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Minerva YourTV Now integrated with ContentWise UX Engine
Apr 8, 2019 – Minerva Networks and ContentWise have announced the integration of Minerva YourTV Now with ContentWise’s UX Engine. With Minerva’s YourTV Now cloud service operators have the ability to manage the pay TV experience on all client devices.
News categories: ContentWise, Minerva Networks, Paolo Bozzola, Matt Cuson, Content Distribution, UX
CNI, Minerva and Anevia enable ultra low-latency OTT streaming
Apr 5, 2019 – CNI, Minerva and Anevia have announced that Minerva's YourTV Now, powered by CNI's video headend, now offers low-latency streaming. Anevia’s low-latency video processing removes the lag, typically in the 15-20 second range, between broadcast TV and live streaming.
News categories: Anevia, Minerva, Com Net, Inc, Damien Lucas, Jean-Georges Fritsch, Randall Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Waverly Utilities selects Amino MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and OS software
Mar 12, 2019 – Amino Technologies (LSE AIM: AMO) has been selected by US telecommunications provider Waverly Utilities to supply MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and Amino OS software that will allow the operator to boost efficiency and deliver an enhanced pay-TV video experience.
News categories: Amino, Waverly Utilities, Donald McGarva, Jeff Magsamen, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0