Digital TV News: Minerva
Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
Nov 21, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that Dhiraagu will use the Minerva 10 platform to power its TV services in the Maldives. The Minerva platform brings improvements to the UX, adds new services and enables viewing on mobile and streaming media devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Dhiraagu, Marco Bonomi, Mahmoud Dasser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, The Maldives, UX
Minerva acquires Live TV social platform, TOK.tv
Sep 3, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced the acquisition of TOK.tv. TOK.tv, whose mission is to allow people to 'never watch sports alone', enables millions of soccer fans to enjoy their favorite games while interacting with friends.
News categories: Minerva Networks, TOK.tv, Mauro Bonomi, Fabrizio Capobianco, Digital TV, MnA, Social TV, Worldwide
GO Malta deploys Minerva 10 service management platform
Jul 26, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that GO Malta has deployed its Minerva 10 solution to power next-generation video services. The new offering delivers an advanced user experience on both GO’s legacy set-top boxes and consumer devices.
News categories: Minerva, GO Malta, Todd Clayton, Chris Attard, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Middleware, Set Top Box
Entel deploys Amino to power Bolivia’s first nationwide IPTV rollout
May 30, 2019 – Entel, the national telecommunications operator in Bolivia, has begun a major deployment of AminoVU set-top boxes running on AminoOS to deliver IPTV services across its newly deployed fiber network, which covers almost 100% of the country.
News categories: Amino, Entel, Donald McGarva, Bolivia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Fibre, Middleware, Set Top Box
MX1 and Minerva Networks offer turnkey OTT video infrastructure
Apr 9, 2019 – MX1 has partnered with Minerva Networks to offer turnkey, subscription-based and ad-funded OTT video services. The integration of Minerva's platform with MX1's content management and delivery infrastructure enables the launch of scalable OTT video services quickly and cost effectively.
News categories: MX1, Minerva Networks, Daniel Kiessling, Mauro Bonomi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
ALBtelecom selects Verimatrix VCAS DRM
Apr 8, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris: INSD) has announced that Albanian operator ALBtelecom has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) Broadcast Hybrid solution to provide digital rights management (DRM) for IPTV and OTT service delivery.
News categories: Verimatrix, ALBtelecom, Steve Oetegenn, Skender Koltraka, Albania, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, NABShow, OTT
Minerva YourTV Now integrated with ContentWise UX Engine
Apr 8, 2019 – Minerva Networks and ContentWise have announced the integration of Minerva YourTV Now with ContentWise’s UX Engine. With Minerva’s YourTV Now cloud service operators have the ability to manage the pay TV experience on all client devices.
News categories: ContentWise, Minerva Networks, Paolo Bozzola, Matt Cuson, Content Distribution, UX
CNI, Minerva and Anevia enable ultra low-latency OTT streaming
Apr 5, 2019 – CNI, Minerva and Anevia have announced that Minerva's YourTV Now, powered by CNI's video headend, now offers low-latency streaming. Anevia’s low-latency video processing removes the lag, typically in the 15-20 second range, between broadcast TV and live streaming.
News categories: Anevia, Minerva, Com Net, Inc, Damien Lucas, Jean-Georges Fritsch, Randall Plaisier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Waverly Utilities selects Amino MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and OS software
Mar 12, 2019 – Amino Technologies (LSE AIM: AMO) has been selected by US telecommunications provider Waverly Utilities to supply MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and Amino OS software that will allow the operator to boost efficiency and deliver an enhanced pay-TV video experience.
News categories: Amino, Waverly Utilities, Donald McGarva, Jeff Magsamen, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs