Digital TV News: Mitsubishi Electric
Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
May 27, 2020 – Sisvel has announced that Mitsubishi Electric has entered into a patent license agreement for both Sisvel’s VP9 and AV1 Licensing Programs. Sisvel has also granted a license to Tremmen Tecnologica for both of thep rograms.
News categories: Sisvel, Mitsubishi Electric, Tremmen Tecnologica, Mattia Fogliacco, Davide Ferri, Yoshimichi Shishido, Javier Galiana, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel adds nine members to its VP9 and AV1 licensing platform
Mar 10, 2020 – Sisvel International has announced nine new members to its Video Coding Licensing Platform. The platform includes two, separately offered licensing programs for patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 video coding formats.
News categories: Sisvel, Mattia Fogliacco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
TURKSAT-4B to be launched on October 16th
Oct 12, 2015 – ILS has announced that TURKSAT-4B will be launched on October 16, 2015. TURKSAT-4B, at 50°E, will provide telecommunication and direct TV broadcasting services over a wide geographic region between the west of China and east of England.
News categories: International Launch Services, TURKSAT, Content Distribution, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
HEVC Advance announces HEVC patent pool
Mar 26, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced the formation of the HEVC Advance patent pool. Utilizing a balanced business model for HEVC IP commercialization, HEVC Advance will provide a means for accessing and licensing HEVC essential patents.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Mitsubishi selected to build Qatar's Es’hail 2 DTH satellite
Sep 8, 2014 – Es’hailSat, the Qatar Satellite Company, has announced that Mitsubishi Electric (MELCO), has been selected to build the company’s second satellite, Es’hail 2. The satellite will be positioned at 26°E for TV broadcasting.
News categories: Es’hailSat, Mitsubishi, Ali Al Kuwari, Yasunori Kamochi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Qatar, Satellite
NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision
May 9, 2013 – NHK and Mitsubishi have jointly developed the world's first HEVC encoder for 8K ultra HDTV 'Super Hi-Vision' (SHV). The HEVC encoder will be displayed at the NHK Science & Technology Research Laboratories Open House 2013, which will take place from May 30th to June 2nd.
News categories: Mitsubishi, NHK, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
Espial TV Browser Powers Mitsubishi STB for NTT Plala IPTV Service
Sep 25, 2012 – Espial has announced that the Espial TV Browser has been selected to power Mitsubishi's set-top boxes (STBs) deployed by NTT Plala, a leader in the Japanese IPTV market, to deliver a more compelling IPTV service to its customers.
News categories: Espial, Mitsubishi, NTT Plala, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Roku Unveils New Roku Streaming Stick Partners
Aug 1, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled that Element Electronics; GlobalVue; Haier; Hitachi; Insignia; Mitsubishi; Onkyo and Integra; OPPO and TMAX Digital are among the first companies working with Roku to develop consumer electronics devices for the Roku Streaming Stick™.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK