Digital TV News: Mitsubishi Electric
Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
May 27, 2020 – Sisvel has announced that Mitsubishi Electric has entered into a patent license agreement for both Sisvel’s VP9 and AV1 Licensing Programs. Sisvel has also granted a license to Tremmen Tecnologica for both of thep rograms.
News categories: Sisvel, Mitsubishi Electric, Tremmen Tecnologica, Mattia Fogliacco, Davide Ferri, Yoshimichi Shishido, Javier Galiana, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel adds nine members to its VP9 and AV1 licensing platform
Mar 10, 2020 – Sisvel International has announced nine new members to its Video Coding Licensing Platform. The platform includes two, separately offered licensing programs for patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 video coding formats.
News categories: Sisvel, Mattia Fogliacco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
TURKSAT-4B to be launched on October 16th
Oct 12, 2015 – ILS has announced that TURKSAT-4B will be launched on October 16, 2015. TURKSAT-4B, at 50°E, will provide telecommunication and direct TV broadcasting services over a wide geographic region between the west of China and east of England.
News categories: International Launch Services, TURKSAT, Content Distribution, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
HEVC Advance announces HEVC patent pool
Mar 26, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced the formation of the HEVC Advance patent pool. Utilizing a balanced business model for HEVC IP commercialization, HEVC Advance will provide a means for accessing and licensing HEVC essential patents.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Mitsubishi selected to build Qatar's Es’hail 2 DTH satellite
Sep 8, 2014 – Es’hailSat, the Qatar Satellite Company, has announced that Mitsubishi Electric (MELCO), has been selected to build the company’s second satellite, Es’hail 2. The satellite will be positioned at 26°E for TV broadcasting.
News categories: Es’hailSat, Mitsubishi, Ali Al Kuwari, Yasunori Kamochi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Qatar, Satellite
NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision
May 9, 2013 – NHK and Mitsubishi have jointly developed the world's first HEVC encoder for 8K ultra HDTV 'Super Hi-Vision' (SHV). The HEVC encoder will be displayed at the NHK Science & Technology Research Laboratories Open House 2013, which will take place from May 30th to June 2nd.
News categories: Mitsubishi, NHK, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
Espial TV Browser Powers Mitsubishi STB for NTT Plala IPTV Service
Sep 25, 2012 – Espial has announced that the Espial TV Browser has been selected to power Mitsubishi's set-top boxes (STBs) deployed by NTT Plala, a leader in the Japanese IPTV market, to deliver a more compelling IPTV service to its customers.
News categories: Espial, Mitsubishi, NTT Plala, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Roku Unveils New Roku Streaming Stick Partners
Aug 1, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled that Element Electronics; GlobalVue; Haier; Hitachi; Insignia; Mitsubishi; Onkyo and Integra; OPPO and TMAX Digital are among the first companies working with Roku to develop consumer electronics devices for the Roku Streaming Stick™.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV